Can You Indentify This For Me?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by KennyMac, Jul 20, 2010.

1. KennyMac

KennyMac 82nd Airborne Division

I recently made a trade for about 35 or 40 pounds (maybe more) of what I thought were all Lincoln cents...
    I haven't got even close to the bottom of "the pile".... it's actually in a soft-sided cooler on wheels because I couldn't lift the 5 gallon bucket they were in....(broke my back, so no lifting).
    This coin/medal/medallion was near the bottom, and after transfering everything, it ended up near the top.... There's some other really cool stuff in there that I still haven't gotten around to photographing.

This weighs 3.9-4.0 grams on my little digital scale...has a hole at the top, and appears to have been worn as jewelry.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. magic_carpet_69

magic_carpet_69 New Member

That is a 1724 Swedish "ORE" You can get them from foreign dealers in great shape for about 20 dollars. I couldnt say it would be worth much more than that. but not 100% sure.

4. weryon

weryon World traveler - In Thailand

You have a ore piece composed of copper minted in Sweden. The ruler is Frederick I , as you can see from the F.R.S initials and the three crowns on the obverse. a few varaities exist for the 1724. Small shield/ V shaped arrow fletchings/ square shaped arrow fletchings and curved shaped arrow fletchings. I think you may have the more common curved variation. It's a coin not a medallion , it was simply converted into a touch piece or jewelry. The edge of your coin should be lozenged but it does apear that most of the edge has worn away. Mintage of 12,067,000 including all varieties.

5. KennyMac

KennyMac 82nd Airborne Division

Thank you both for your outstanding answers, I really appreciate the input....

Draft saved Draft deleted