Can you guess the grade? Requesting Advice - 1909-S Lincoln Cent.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by FmrFiatFollower, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Wasnt sure on the s/s myself. If so that adds a bit to the value. I still don't see this coin above 63 or a rb tho

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I think it looks 63RB from the pics. It's probably in the $300 range.

I'm not a fan of the woodgrain speckled look on this coin myself, but I know that plenty of people like it.

4. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

I think 63BN. really not possible to judge the luster accurately with the toning.

Paul M. likes this.
  5. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

6. FmrFiatFollower

FmrFiatFollower Note-orious & Numismatic

IMG_0364.jpg IMG_0365.jpg IMG_0371.jpg IMG_0373.jpg Thank you all for your comments, critiques, and information. I will admit these shots aren't great as my Zeiss macro is into service again. IMG_0359.jpg IMG_0368.jpg IMG_0379.jpg IMG_0380.jpg I'm reluctantly using my phone's camera to take these shots for the time being.

I've decided to keep this coin as it was my initial inclination to do so and with all of your guidance I believe it's the right choice no matter where the value of this coin goes, I will be glad I listened to you all as I'm certain I would have regretted selling it.

I'm attaching some other photos which I hope can better showcase the luster it has as well as the cartwheel effect. I hope you all find them beneficial.

Paul M. likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted