Can you all try and give me a grade?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by James S, Oct 31, 2017.

1. James S

James S Low Mintage

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. James S

James S Low Mintage

The guy I bought it from had it since he was 18 and he just turned 70

4. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Pretty, tho' looks like the album slide maybe got the cheek a bit? First impression - MS 63.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  5. James S

James S Low Mintage

Thanks I'm gonna have it slabbed just because the mintage is 238,000

6. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Great date to have. I'm interested in seeing some more grade opinions.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

That's interesting! That would put the date of his acquisition at about 1965. I guess he bought it before the Treasury release of the CC dollars in the 70's.

Chris

8. James S

James S Low Mintage

I won it on Ebay, That was the guys story I asked him what did he think it would grade, I can see that the feathers is worn, that is the hight point of course.

9. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Very nice coin, I've seen a lot worse in 64 holders.

10. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

That's a good angle for flash, on the major marks, 62 there is a lot of chatter in front of her face.

11. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Very frosty. Not as baggy as the typical 85-CC, but lots of tiny marks - probably from the album. The reverse is VERY nice. The scuff on the breast feathers looks like normal coin contact. Should 63 due to the cheek chatter. The luster on the reverse is the show stopper, and Carson Cities are the only Morgan where the reverse is what you want to see and show.

12. James S

James S Low Mintage

If he is being honest he has to buy the Coin in 1967, I highly doubt he has had it that long but that was he word.

13. James S

James S Low Mintage

So your thinking this has a shot at MS-65

14. cpm9ball

That would have made him about 20. I just turned 70 in August. I was born in 1947 and turned 18 in 1965.

That's the problem when you buy from eBay sellers. Unless you know them real well, they tend to stretch the truth, and like Judge Judy always says, "If you tell the truth, you don't need to have a good memory."

Chris

15. cpm9ball

I've owned MS65's in NGC & PCGS slabs, and I think this one is MS64 at best.

Chris

16. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Exactly

Draft saved Draft deleted