Can Someone Tell Me What Makes This Coin Special

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TJ1952, Feb 17, 2016.

1. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It's would be a grade rarity in a PCGS/NGC slab but that listing really nothing is special about it. No one is buying that coin for anywhere close to that price. They're basically trying to get the PCGS price for an ICG coin. PCGS only has 13 in that grade and its the highest graded. ICG modern grading means nothing, another seller is selling an ICG MS 67 RD small date for 10 dollars and it hasn't sold yet.

TJ1952 likes this.
  5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Condition rarity, but for PCGS & NGC only

TJ1952 likes this.
  6. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Anybody can ask whatever they want for a coin - don't mean they are going to sell it, anything is only worth what someone will pay for it!

TJ1952 likes this.
  7. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

I guess my question should have been, what is this coin worth?

8. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

Yes, I was that one.

9. Markus1959

Well it sure as heck ain't worth 3 grand!!!!!!!!! :confused:

TJ1952 likes this.
  10. baseball21

That is a good question. I would think yours will sell at some point for what you have it listed at.

11. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

No, no. It's not my coin. I was it on ebay and was just wondering what the heck was so special about it that the guy was asking $2,999.99!

12. baseball21

Lol oh my bad. If it was in a PCGS slab it would fetch around that price. The NCG ones at heritage were in the three figures so significantly less but still a decent amount. Hes just trying to get PCGS prices for an ICG coin basically. Aside from the publicity from threads like this where people cannot help but look with the price being so far off he basically wasted his time making the listing with that asking price.

EDIT: After looking at the completed listings 10 seems about right. Two sold at 10 dollars, another was a best offer that was listed at 20 and one got 30 which was the highest price I have found so far anywhere

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    TJ1952 likes this.
  13. Markus1959

14. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback gents! I just needed a reality check.

15. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

I have a '60-P small date that is raw, but I'm confident it would grade at MS-65 RD or better. Perhaps a trip to NGC is in order!

TJ1952 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted