Can someone give a value of my ancient coins ?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by victor rios, Aug 8, 2017.

1. victor rios

victor rios New Member

Here is two coins that I purchased recently. The last gold coin is on hold. Can someone give me an estimate of value of each coin ? Also where should I send these to get graded. I am new to the hobby. I mainly collect sportscards.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Honestly, based on the pictures I can't even tell if they are real. You should take better pics. Preferably of the coins themselves and not a computer screen.

Assuming they are real (just for the sake of answering your question) I'd say the prices would be around:

1. $300-$500 for the Alexandrian Tet
    2. $800-$1000 for the Caesar denarius
    3. $600+ for the Thracian Tet with Alexander's portrait.

Obviously in an auction setting they could get that, or they could go much higher depending on who is interested and how much disposable cash they have.

4. arnoldoe

arnoldoe Well-Known Member

5. victor rios

victor rios New Member

Thanks gentlmen

6. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Please be aware that most collectors of ancient coins do not slab their coins. In fact, many here including myself actually despise the process of entombing these small pieces of history. Many collectors of ancient coin enjoy handling their coins. There is nothing like holding a 2000 year old coin in your hand. You do not get that with a slab.

Welcome @victor rios there are many very nice people here who will enthusiastically provide their expertise. I hope you will enjoy your time here.

7. victor rios

victor rios New Member

8. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

Nice coins and they probably will be a good investment.

9. Svarog

Svarog Well-Known Member

10. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

If you want to be sure of the authenticity of your coins you can send them to David Sear for an analysis and photo based certificate of authenticity. This will add to their value without encasing them in a slab.

Draft saved Draft deleted