Can someone explain this

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bkozak33, Feb 23, 2013.

1. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

http://www.acoindealer.com/

all his listings just go to ebay. He has my coins on his site that I have on ebay. I dont get what the purpose of his website is.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

[video=youtube;LehNm4VVqJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LehNm4VVqJI[/video]

5. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

I don't think so, green.

6. green18

Well then maybe you can explain it to me 'cause I ain'ts gotta a clue..........

7. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

The guy wants a pound of gold without working and saving for it. So he created a website that promotes all the Ebay listings. If you go through his site and purchase a coin on ebay, he gets paid. or theres a link where you can send him your gold if your not using it anymore. Hes looking for a shortcut in life. Sound like anyone we know?

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

How much does he get from ebay if someone buys your coin from going through his site in7 days? As I understand this on his site

I didn't know about this if true.

9. green18

OK. Nuff said. LOL........

10. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

I dont know. Im just going by what he says. Why would someone go through all the trouble for nothing?

11. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

If you can make money that way, its actually pretty smart. Cointalk could raise some cash that way.

12. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

Any rover link places a cookie on your computer that then make your purchases on ebay within a given period of time his "progeny". The website or person that hosts the links you click receives an affiliate commission from ebay for the purchases. CoinTalk has these automatically embedded within any link you place to ebay, as does the NGC boards, while PCGS does not yet do this. However, I would expect PCGS to also grab this low hanging fruit shortly. These websites that you see with all these ebay listings are all competing for the affiliate commissions and these commissions drive ebay fees higher because the commissions are not coming out of ebay's pockets.

13. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

what do you make doing this

14. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

15. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

Many sites ban members who do this on their site. For the site owner or administrator to do it then it is fine, but to encourage others to do it only fills up message boards with hidden SPAM threads and posts and leads to a general degradation of the quality of the boards. If you own your own site then you may want to look into it, but it is something I have never done.

16. riff

riff I ain't got time to bleed

his life dream is to have 23,000 worth of gold? work at mcdonalds for a year, and he could have more than that.

17. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Purpose of website: Draw attention to his eBay listings, all in one location, for the convenience of his regular customers.

18. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

No. If you read the other link. He wants a pound of gold for free. He gets paid by ebay if you go through his website and bid on items. Its a affiliate program just like cointalks ebay program. Or you mail him the gold you dont want directly to him.

19. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

He didnt say his life dream was to work for it though.

20. riff

riff I ain't got time to bleed

technically you are right; and that is the best kind of right.

Draft saved Draft deleted