Can someone authenticate this coin for me asap

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Kristos, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Kristos

Kristos Active Member

I apologize

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. red_spork

red_spork Triumvir monetalis

That's not what I told you. My advice was to buy from a dealer or auction house who has the expertise to authenticate what you're buying and who backs that up with a lifetime guarantee of authenticity. I simply wanted to help you be a better collector, and I still hope you'll take that advice.

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I'm answering before I read the entire thread, so if it seems ignorant, it probably is. I have worked in places where every other word was some obscenity and still managed to exist in the rest of the world. Do you use this kind of language at church or at your kid's school?

Let it go. I sincerely hope you stay on here. If you are interested in buying some ancient coins, get ready to buy some fakes. Fakes can sometimes be told by the poor quality of the workmanship or by a seam or some other mark that they have been cast. The people here know if the design is real or not, but they don't respond instantly. Good luck in your collecting

Volodya likes this.
  5. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

LOL

Paul M., TypeCoin971793 and Volodya like this.
  6. alde

alde Always Learning

This is no construction site my friend. It's a group of good people with a like interest willing to give their time and experience to others. If you listened to what they were saying you would pass on the coin and look for a reputable dealer that can be trusted. I have been burned on fake ancient coins myself and have been told so by people on this site. I thank them for the experienced opinion, and chalk it up as a lesson learned. Hopefully others learned from my mistakes too.

Paul M. likes this.
  7. Kentucky

Are you at a coin show? Looks like lots of coins in the box.

8. Kristos

Kristos Active Member

No those actually mine, what I've collected the last month

9. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Dude, I HAVE worked in "your world". I can be much worse. Still, it is not needed to post expletives as a permanent comment. Folks here have been very helpful to you in your prior threads. The advice has been to slow down, not get pressured into making a rash decision on "a good deal", and you cursed and berated folks. Not a good way to solicit advice.

Paul M., tommyc03 and TIF like this.
  10. Kristos

Kristos Active Member

It wasn't you it was the guy before

11. Kentucky

Really. Nice presentation. I'm not that good with picking out fakes, but the people here actually are and are actually pretty nice if you don't push too hard. Posting one or two pictures at a time will get priceless (and even free at that) advice.

Paul M. likes this.
  12. Kristos

Kristos Active Member

Yea I know but when someone acts like I should already know this and everything about coins I mean damn I literally just started

13. Kristos

Kristos Active Member

Yea I hear ya it was stupid. Honestly I didn't know their was kids on here so I do apologize, all the way around I think I should have just waited instead of attack the first reply I had but whatever I happened sorry about the lingo

Paul M., Volodya, Alegandron and 2 others like this.
  14. Kentucky

Spoken like a gentleman!!!

Paul M. likes this.
  15. Kristos

Kristos Active Member

I do apologize

Paul M., Kentucky and tommyc03 like this.
  16. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You certainly don't need my approval but thank you for putting a better foot forward. I do not even collect ancients but I love reading this thread as I've always had a love for history. I got that from an excellent 10th grade teacher and I love to read what these folks post here including the occasional article on ancient history. Now, we all move forward.

Paul M., Carthago and Kristos like this.
  17. Kentucky

I didn't know that...I thought you had a few

18. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I have a handful that are not cleaned and one that is. They were a spur of the moment thing and are so small I can barely hold them w/o dropping. The oldest are not really ancients but those Chinese cash coins I posted some time back.

Paul M. likes this.
  19. Kristos

Kristos Active Member

Yea I hear you. honestly I was about to leave it's the only reason I said that, I guess just the anxiety of knowing I almost just bought a fake made me throw my hands up. Money is just plain evil to begin with, and greed takes over sometimes. And this site deals with nothing but money so I'm sure you guys seen worse but either way I do apologize

NOS, Kentucky and tommyc03 like this.
  20. CoinBreaux

CoinBreaux Well-Known Member

I'd note those people as well know graders. I never said people couldn't grade coins here.

21. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

As mentioned, this is not a construction site or anything similar. It is a community meeting hall of 40,000. We are also not a drive in authentication/ verification center. Solid information takes time. Take a time out.

Paul M. and tommyc03 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted