Can some one tell me how much a 1914 Five dollar bill is worth?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by kokopop112, Apr 12, 2008.

1. kokopop112

kokopop112 New Member

It has 2-B from Federal reserve NY, NY on it. in crisp condition. thank you

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

There's some paper money guys in here that can help you. One that collects mostly NY notes. Someone will be along to help you soon. BTW...Welcome to the forum!!!

4. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

pictures do speak a thousand words... more so when you are looking for a value. Crisp condition to one person, may not be close to another. While i dont mean to argue semantics, it really could mean a great differance in realized price.

besides, we all love to see nice pictures of cool notes!!!

PS - welcome to the forum!!

5. kokopop112

kokopop112 New Member

Hi, i wish i had a camera, but i can tell you it is bigger than a regular $5 bill and these were very rare. A ball park figure is what im looking for.. so if its worth a considerable amount ill be looking for a collector. :)

6. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Er red seal or blue seal? Whose signatures are on it?

The red seal is quite a bit rarer, and according to the Standard Catalog of United States Paper Money, 26th edition (most recent one), it can range from $400 for fine condition up to $4500 for Gem CU.

The blue seal is more common... if it has Burke and Glass's signature it ranges from $250 to $2000; anyone else's, ranges from $90 to $700.

Keep in mind values in a book are guaranteed to be out of date by now, but should give you a ballpark. Condition is everything too... need to have a good idea of the condition to get any idea of the value.

Would love a pic! In crisp condition it would be quite valuable, if genuine.

7. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Condition is a relative term so to speak. There are many factors that determine a note's value. The majority of them have been mentioned here already. For a untrained eye "crisp" could range between a very nice XF to AU note. The next level would be New and CHCU and them Gem.

The seal color and signature combination are important as well. For us to provide you with a realitive condition we would need images! Small corner folds, edge detractions, handling and various other detractants will come into play as well.

So if possible, please post a pic or PM me a link to it and I will be happy to look at the note. Again judgement of a note's image is nothing like holding it in person!
    The Fr# range for Series 1914 $5 Blue Seals are as follows;
    FR 848,849,850,851A,851B,851C

The Red Seal variety are;
    833A and 833B which can be valued in the 2000-2500 range and up in CHCU63 and above condition

Welcome to the fourm...

RickieB

Draft saved Draft deleted