Can some one help me before i buy!!!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by jhojanhernandez, Apr 10, 2019.

?

Worth it

1. Worth it

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Not worth it

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. jhojanhernandez

jhojanhernandez New Member

I just wamt to now if this is work 1k for everything

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

$1000.00? No way

I see wear, folds and writing on the bills.
    Not even worth $100.00

Blue and red seals in that condition sell for $5.00 each at the flea market.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You're kidding! Right?

Chris

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I’m thinking this question should have have posted on April 1st.

Why would you want these ?

Penna_Boy and jhojanhernandez like this.
  6. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

I would pay $1,000.00, if the Total Face value for all is $1001.00 or more;)

Bob Evancho, Brina and Penna_Boy like this.
  7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

The condition is terrible ! plus the notes are on the common side
    So no, no !

midas1 likes this.
  8. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Worth $65, probably, but, only because the 1963 red seal $2 is in better condition. Also, the two $1 silver cert. and red seal $5 aren't completely worn out.

You can still find a 1976 $2 in circulation, while the star $20 and 1953 $2 note are only worth face value in such condition.

If you are looking for a 1950 $20 star, you can find one in better condition on ebay for a reasonable price. Same with all these other notes, if you buy them individually.

9. Ima Dragon

Ima Dragon Year of the Dragon

Do you feel comfortable paying the grand for them and are you trying to fill holes in collection that may be upgraded ?
    I would not add that many common notes in those conditions when there are other options available with today's internet .
    Nice question though , you seemed unsure and sought advice .

10. Bob Evancho

Bob Evancho Well-Known Member

Glad you asked your question here. The experts have responded and given you correct advice. The paper money is basically worth their face value. If you want to buy them desperately, as a collector, pay no more than $2 over the face value of the bills. If there is $65 face, no more than $67. And that is being generous. I've given young collectors better bills than those at face value to start their collecting interest.

11. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT. Just like collecting coins, condition is everything. I see nothing that I'd pay over face value as the bills are in terrible condition.

12. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Good advice. As the great bridge master Charles Goren advised, "when in doubt -- PASS"

13. BunkerTrapMan

BunkerTrapMan Overcoming adversity is the key to happiness

If you buy those, I have a Bridge and Yacht I would like to sell you too. As the others have said and trust me I know very little about PM, so I would pack my gear and leave that scene.
    C-BTM

14. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

15. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

Something no one seems to have considered is the currency Ms. Hernandez is referring to when she makes reference to "1k". Yes, $1000 USD is rather ridiculous but consider if, for example, she is referring to 1000 Mexican pesos. This comes out to just over $53 in USD, which is considerably more reasonable and realistic to the face value of $49 from the notes pictured.

Legomaster1 likes this.
  16. Matthew G.

Matthew G. Member

17. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

I think the term is, "a fool and his money are soon parted."
    Either he is trying to take advantage of you, or you think you're doing the same. Or you are both ignorant. But he would be the winner.

Draft saved Draft deleted