Can Rainbow Toned Coins get MS70/PF70?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dj Shift, May 19, 2016.

1. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

They should not but then nothing the TPG's do anymore surprises me.

Paul M. likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Breaking news: that's no longer true!

U.S.A. CERTIFIFD Coines for Sale

(For those of you who'd rather not have That Sort Of Thing in your browser history, it's a group of five coins, including a 2001-P dime, "certififd" at 70 by... SGS. If you want coins certified at that level, I imagine SGS will still be happy to oblige.)

Paul M. likes this.
  4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Abon got taken down hard a couple years ago. He was fencing, sending people out for what he wanted to sell. Cuyahoga County RICO'd him.

5. ddddd

ddddd Member

6. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I have to believe that 2009 turned in the holder.

FYI @ddddd if you want those images to stay up after they're taken down at eBay, you have to download them to your computer and re-upload to CoinTalk.

7. SuperDave

That is just about the most horrible thing I've ever seen done to a nice coin.

Paul M. likes this.
  8. ddddd

ddddd Member

So copying the image and pasting it in will disappear after the listing is over a few months on ebay?

9. ddddd

ddddd Member

I'm not a fan of it either, but like @Paul M. said, it likely looked nicer and then turned in the holder (or was a bad experiment by someone trying to tone the coin in the holder).

10. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Yep, if you look at the link (right click and 'view image'), you'll see it's a proxy link, which basically is the same as linking to the image directly on eBay.

11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I think that 2009 proved the unreliability of battery acid in ATing a coin.

SuperDave and Paul M. like this.
  12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yeah, I was following along avidly at the time. But, as we see, his legacy endures.

Paul M. likes this.
  13. SuperDave

At least SGS has joined the "alphabet soup" of former basement slabbers. Still dangerous because he slabbed so much crap, but it's now a horror story we can scare newbies into caution with.

Paul M. likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted