Can I buy heavily circulated rolls or what?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Nathan, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Nathan

Nathan New Member

I was leafing through various websites trying to see if pre-1970 half dollar rolls could be bought in heavily circulated condition. Seems that everyone has only BU rolls, and the only that might be circulated are $1000 bags (and if I had $5500 for one, I'd be doing that instead of trying to get one myself coin-by-coin).

I'm really not picky at all; I'd much rather have beat-up silver coins for cheap than paying a sizable premium for something that looks like a million bucks but is still, after all, a half-dollar.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Yeah they can be found, but most dealers won't carry them because there isn't much market for them. Your best bet is to find an individual who has them. If I were you - I'd check the Classified Ads in Coin World.

4. silvrluvr

silvrluvr Senior Member

Most all of the '65-70 halves that I see selling on eBay go for melt, including shipping. I'm sure they cover a variety of conditions up to and including BU. Sometimes I find BU 90% at melt. Like you, I don't want to pay premiums for bullion either.

5. rambozo

rambozo New Member

first isnt 65-70 clad silver? also are you talking about pre 70 kennedys,franklins and walkers? if you want some kennedys im trying to get rid of a roll of 66 kennedys

6. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

As soon as you get 10 post make a post in the OPEN forum...maybe some members will have some...go to your bank and get rolls...you might get coins from before 70 and after 70 but after some searching you might find what you need.

Speedy

7. annie21

annie21 Senior Member

circulated rolls

why not get it from the banks?.

Draft saved Draft deleted