Can anyone tell me if this is a struck through grease or just a damaged dime?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Ashes of Escobar, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Ashes of Escobar

Ashes of Escobar New Member

I have been looking all over trying to find one similar to this, and every now and then I will see one where part of it looks similar to the dime that I have but not to the extent. So if anyone can take a look at the photos I have posted and give me an idea of what I have here and if it is worth anything, if so, I would really appreciate it.

thanks

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Sorry, but it's just a lot of environmental damage. Not an error of any kind

spirityoda and DarkRage666 like this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Those photos are too small!

5. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

My opinion, it's a beat up dime that likely sat in storm drain or street gutter for a while. I don't see anything on it that would indicate a mint error.
    Just circulation wear and tear and then environmental damage.

it's worth 10 cents so there's that I guess, there's always a bright side!

6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Just a hard life.

7. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

Environmental damage

spirityoda likes this.
  8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

PMD dime that now has your fingerprints on it. LOL
    You should handle coins only on their edges to prevent accidental prints on coins.
    Welcome to CT and here is my standard recommendation to new members:
    You should always post in focus FULL IMAGE photos (after you upload your photo, two buttons appear: Thumbnail and Full Image, click Full Image and your photo appears full size on your post and is easily enlarged by clicking on it.) Photograph on neutral backgrounds like black, grey, or white. While it isn’t always necessary, it is nice to show both the obverse and reverse, even if your question is just about one side. Members can often give more valuable information having both sides to evaluate. Crop out superfluous background so just the coin shows, and post photos with correct orientation so members don't have to turn their computer in some awkward fashion to view it properly. Add close ups of areas you have questions about and make your questions as definitive as possible so we know what you are asking for. And try to have the best lighting possible to show the most favorable photo of the coin. Hope this helps in the future. Good luck.

9. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

That edge photo made me shudder. Then I remembered it was damaged lol.

Keep looking and welcome..

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Environmental damage

Draft saved Draft deleted