can anyone help

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by tiffyjoy78, Oct 5, 2013.

1. tiffyjoy78

tiffyjoy78 New Member

We have been trying to identify this coin, but have not had any luck anywhere. I've tried to put a photo up, but it won't upload. The coin is dated 1710 & has 3 crowns on one side and on the other side is a shield with 2 swords crossed through it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tiffyjoy78

tiffyjoy78 New Member

I can email the photos if someone has an idea.

4. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

If the three crowns are similar to this design, I'd guess Sweden. What is its composition? Denomination?

Try reducing the size of the image and/or cropping out excess background to load the images here.

Attached Files:

5. tiffyjoy78

tiffyjoy78 New Member

It Appears To Be Cooper. The Crowns Are Similar To The Ones You Posted. I Have Tried Everything To Identify This Coin.

6. tiffyjoy78

tiffyjoy78 New Member

On The Side With The Three Crowns, The Letters V E R S Are Printed Above The Crowns

7. silentnviolent

How about denomination? 1? 2? 5? Ore?

8. tiffyjoy78

tiffyjoy78 New Member

This is pic

Attached Files:

9. tiffyjoy78

tiffyjoy78 New Member

Pic of coin

Attached Files:

10. tiffyjoy78

tiffyjoy78 New Member

Picture Loaded :)

11. silentnviolent

12. silentnviolent

looks like a big die crack over where the 1 should be. Given the condition and anomaly, worth bout $5-$10 I'd think. Very cool. Thanks for sharing. :)

13. tiffyjoy78

tiffyjoy78 New Member

Its Slightly Different, The COin We Have Has A Dot Between The Swords.

14. silentnviolent

I think that the dot seen in the NGC photo is an anomaly similar to the die crack your coin has. The one I linked to is the same type as what you have and the dot is not mentioned in the text description provided, therefore I do not think that the dot is part of the design but rather a small die chip.

Here are some for sale: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=sweden 1719 ore&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Here are some completed listings: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_Complete=1&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=sweden 1719 ore&_lncat=0&_arm=1&_armm=94&_ruu=http://www.ebay.com/sch/Other-/119027/i.html?LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&_nkw=sweden+1719+ore&_arr=1&_armi=Other

Note that some have the dot and some do not, but KM is the mintmark, so that isn't what the dot represents. I think it is a die chip.

15. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

16. tiffyjoy78

tiffyjoy78 New Member

Thanks FOr Your Help, Was Hoping To Have A Little Treasure. But At Least We Know Now

silentnviolent likes this.
  17. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

18. silentnviolent

Any time. I'd consider it a little treasure if it were mine. (All my coins are little treasures to me. ;) )

Draft saved Draft deleted