Camping and Coin Shows

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by green18, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

images-1.jpeg rv-walmart.jpg images-5.jpeg images-6.jpeg images-7.jpeg 20071030_amishatwalmart_02web.jpg images-8.jpeg images-9.jpeg

Yes this is going to be the best film of the year!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. omahaorange

omahaorange Active Member

My brother has an RV, tows a Jeep behind it when they travel, been across the country twice. Me...I've always said my idea of roughing it is a hotel without HBO.

4. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

I used to do it all the time; coin shows, coin shops, banks, I'd hit em' all. No one will ever imagine you have rolls of the current year's coinage and other coins.

The only bad thing about it is that it's hard to view your coins while camping. I'd usually stay in a motel every few days so this took care of it, though.

green18 likes this.
  5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I am actually thinking of doing exactly this two weeks from now for PAN. I could really get into owning one of those tiny teardrop shaped trailers.

green18 likes this.
  6. JeffsRealm

JeffsRealm Active Member

All joking aside, yes I have done this. It is quite fun, I am one that uses my RV and my truck a lot. I have to go at least 2 hours drive away before I take my RV, although that being said. I, from end of April to Beginning of October, had 2 weekends home this year. 8000 miles on the RV this summer.

I am all winterized and staying home for the winter. Now I do not always go to coin shows but this summer was a great one. This summer was the first time I stepped into Ancients. Which I really enjoy. I spent a lot of time talking over the different types and methods of coinage of ancient times.

I really am not a fan of the RV parks. They are just a spot to lay my head. My Schedule would be something like, Kansas City trip this year. Left home Friday morning, 9 hour drive. Arrive and set up camp, tonight I drink some beer enjoy a campfire. Saturday, wake up, go to coin show. Then I went to the Kansas City WW1 memorial, then Harry Truman Presidential Library, National Museum of Toys and Miniatures. I then went and had some of the best Kansas City BBQ, grabbed some beer from local breweries, back to the campground, another campfire with a lot more beer. Sunday head home.

Edited to Add, next year I am going to go back there and include a weekday.
    Federal Money Museum is in Kansas City but only open duringt he weekday.
    https://www.kansascityfed.org/moneymuseum

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    green18 likes this.
  7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Those tear drops are quite nice everything you need in a small scale .

Draft saved Draft deleted