Calling the Ike guys... Are these worth grading?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by jtlee321, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Good advice but it Sounds like he's mostly going variety hunting though. And for under $2 each I say load up on all possible fev's, talon heads & peg legs.

Oh, J, ikes are also frequently seen with DDO & DDR's and both. Don't really waste your time with them unless the spread is significant. Take a 10x loupe and look at the front bottom serif of the G in IGWT on obverse and the lower back corner of the B in EPU on the reverse for splitting. But don't bother if they're only slightly split unless the coin looks ms and is not much above face value.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Good information guys.

@coinguy-matthew I read last night that PCGS seems to really be all over the place and ANACS seems to be pretty tough. A lot of people just don't like the NGC holders. So I won't send anything in, unless it really feels like it's worthwhile. I figure at $1.25 each it's a really low risk gamble. I can see a lot better when I get home and re-examine each coin under my desk lamp.

4. jtlee321

@Cascade I'm keeping an eye out for the higher grade coins as well.

5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Good luck with that from dealers bulk bins but stranger things have happened and you have the same kinda luck that I do so yeah maybe. You might get lucky ;)

6. coinguy-matthew

coinguy-matthew Ike Crazy

I like your strategy. :cigar:

7. jtlee321

Why thank you. We shall see how it goes.

Draft saved Draft deleted