Calling small note collectors $1's,$5's,$10's, Red,blue & green

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Twobit, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Twobit

Twobit Active Member

Thanks in advance,
    Coins get boring for me from time to time so I'd like to add some diversity so small size notes it is And yes I realize this is a big undertaking,But this is/will be a long term project

My goal Block sets w/stars of $5,$10's reds blues & greens 1928-1934 in VF/XF to UNC.

Most likely focus more with/on green seal 1934 $5's & $10's first (stars are $$$ so , been reading/looking over the guides, ebay mostly for availability (up to date books incoming).

In my week long perusing into this project building a virtual block set. For instance $10 green seals the Boston 1934-A, A-A & A-B blocks seem to be near impossible as well as the $5 L-A & L-B blocks to name just a couple there are many in all of the above as I have found out and would like to start a BOLO list as I get this project started.

I know long winded precursor to the question so here it is.

Is there a list of the tougher blocks available starting with the two mentioned?

And again thanks.
    Rick

UnCommonCents likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I recommend you buy (new or used) an edition of the Standard Guide to Small-Size US Paper Money 1928 to date by Schwatrz/Lindquist . Just the 1934 $5 FRN's have many varieties and you will be able to determine the tougher blocks by the estimated prices in the guide.

MitchBailey likes this.
  4. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

I agree with SteveInTampa, that book is invaluable. ALSO, I highly recommend Bob Azpiazu's book: Collector's Guide to Modern Federal Reserve Notes, link below will get you to the website.
    http://www.fstctycurr.com/index.html

5. Twobit

Twobit Active Member

Thanks I have the 6th ed I'm not a complete rookie
    Any difference in the 9th 10th editions
    And the 19th and 20th of the Friedberg

My question was more about these type notes
    Book says $60 in vf.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321987252941?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    Another one is the $5 1934D AH block book says $100 in VF
    maybe census would have been a better word.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  6. Twobit

Twobit Active Member

Thanks
    had not heard of this one and is on the to get list
    Are there any books that list up to date (2013) production runs.

Draft saved Draft deleted