Calendar year bills

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Pennybaby75, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Pennybaby75

Pennybaby75 Active Member

Any one interested in a calendar year bill..not in the best of shape..not looking for profit, just to help someone with collecting.

20220220_101508.jpg 20220220_102406.jpg Screenshot_20220220-101216_Chrome.jpg

-jeffB likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I’ve seen your posts @Pennybaby75 and I admire your enthusiasm for the hobby. Some collectors look for Birthyear or Birthdate notes. Typically Birthyear notes need to have the year isolated and not as a random 4-digit number in the middle of the other eight digits. Here’s an example.

2434FABF-6E0E-4CF1-8F8F-8C52F8220461.jpeg

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

This post got me thinking about probability -- how often you'd find something that looks like a year in a serial number -- and that reminded me how I never quite completely got the hang of probability. :(

But I just checked the singles in my wallet, and I've got:

So, one note that didn't have a year, at least no nearby one -- and three that did, with one that had two years!

This is a bit of an usual streak -- I checked some other notes, and only two out of eight or nine had anything like a year -- but it's pretty common, as such things go.

Ditto to @SteveInTampa's comments -- keep watching your change!

Pennybaby75 likes this.
  5. Pennybaby75

Thank you..yes I have seen the link.
    I have read beginner's and or advance collectors search just for the year in the serial number. Since I came across this one I thought why not help someone with there collection since I'm not into that particular collecting...but your input is truly appreciated hun:happy: if a beginner looks at this thread birthdates might be how they start there collection.
    Having fun learning and collecting

JPD3 likes this.
  6. Pennybaby75

What awsome finds.. great hunt

7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I like the last one Jeff. We can all hope that Earth will still be here in the year 6944. LOL

1stSgt22 and Pennybaby75 like this.
  8. Pennybaby75

Lol

9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

What I'm interested in is finding my birthday date..
    02091971 :woot:

As stated before.. A year.. It's just a random number. IMO nothing really special.

Mr.Q, 1stSgt22 and Pennybaby75 like this.
  10. Pennybaby75

On Facebook there a group you might like. If I come across your birthday I will GIFT it to you:happy:

sel w and paddyman98 like this.
  11. Pennybaby75

12. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I'm still looking for my birth year 01/01/0001. If you find mine let me know K, thanks Penny. Enjoyed your post.

Pennybaby75 likes this.
  13. Notaphylic_C

Notaphylic_C Well-Known Member

Nice birthday Penny: but shouldn't it be 01012001 ?

I really like birthyear notes, like the one posted by @SteveInTampa, but rarely see them offered.

14. Pennybaby75

Good morning CT WORLD,
    Am I close to some birthdate notes?
    Second bill maybe not , really not sure..not to true form

Attached Files:

JPD3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted