Cacg hits the big league

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by delila1, Nov 29, 2023.

1. delila1

delila1 Undermedicated psychiatric patient

IMG_2231.jpeg Maybe they’ve had auction appearances before this, but this is the first time I’ve seen a CACG coin in major auction, especially where it has its own full page on the Heritage catalog.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I think you can expect to see a lot of these in the future.

4. robec

robec Junior Member

There are a lot of seriously deep pocketed collectors using their services.

5. delila1

delila1 Undermedicated psychiatric patient

The coin I posted a pic of is definitely a big boy coin

ldhair and robec like this.
  6. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

Green/Newman Circa, add CACG and finest known! Cha-Ching!!

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

They got a registry yet? I wonder how that'll work. And is NGC going to allow CACG coins along with PCGS?

8. Coins4Eli

Coins4Eli Collector of Early American Copper

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me, that was the coin I was planning on bidding on. Because I most definitely can afford to drop over $200,000 on a single coin. ;)

But seriously, where are these people getting this kind of money?

Dan Galbato likes this.
  9. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

You Betcha! Coins4Eli, The same people who can afford buying a Bentley that can reach 175 MPH speeds.
    J.T.

Mainebill likes this.
  10. charley

charley Well-Known Member

The collector class you refer to, definitely do not buy Bentleys. They are not stupid.

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

My Bentley only does 150.......

12. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

Mine flew over Rainbow checkpoint in Canada Damn! Glad my dog was buckled in!

green18 likes this.
  13. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Remember this from the Newman sales. Just a killer coin. I actually bought quite a bit there. But stuff that was affordable. I miss sales like that. Load of quality fresh stuff at all price structures

14. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

My truck will do 120. Hauling that Bentley on a trailer. Just better have good trailer tires and a straight road. Lol. Actually I’ve done 95 with my big cargo trailer. Not intentionally. Looked down and was like oh crap. Truck is a beast. I’ve had it at 115. Plenty of power left . But handling a 10k pound 4x4 at those speeds not fun.

green18 likes this.
  15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Grader, Founding Member

Hi Lon. Our Registry is currently in Beta testing. We will have two types. One for CACG & CAC Stickered coins only as well as one for CACG including PCGS & NGC coins with or without a sticker.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  16. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

My brother in law has a Bentley. It’s an older one, model year 2006 or so. It has a 12 cylinder engine and is super smooth. It puts my Cadillac CT-6 to shame. He bought it used from a doctor. The trouble comes when you have to repair it, but he’s found a shop that works on exotic cars. It’s more reasonable than a dealer.

One day he and I were there, and Rolls Royce SUV was in for some work. Yes, there is such a thing. The price new was around $600,000. The lady on the hood retracts when the car is not in use. I had a short ride it, and yes, it’s super smooth and quiet.

17. johnmilton

My Cadillac CT-6 is supposed to do something special when you get it up to 115. My old brain can’t remember what that is. I’ve only had it up to 80 or so. If you need to pass a big scary truck that is wondering around its lane on the Interstate, all it takes is a minor tap of the accelerator, and that monster is in your rear view mirror. The car has a rather small engine at 3.0 liters, but it has twin turbo chargers. It takes premium gas, which is expensive, but, with no backups, I can get 28 mpg, sometimes better.

As for grading services, I am glad that NGC and PCGS has some competition. It might keep them on their toes.

green18 likes this.
  18. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Auto-dial 911 and rat you out?

19. -jeffB

Money has gravity. Gather enough of it in one place, and it starts to draw in more.

20. johnmilton

If you can keep consumption under control and make prudent investments. I some people who have had incomes far higher than mine who are now skinning by with retirement because they saved nothing.

Player11 and -jeffB like this.
  21. -jeffB

Oh, sure, any amount of money can be wasted away. Just look at... well, let's not take the thread in a naughty direction. ;)

As a matter of fact, I'm sure most people would consider spending $200K on a quarter to be "wasting money". That's good; otherwise, the coins we want would get bid up even higher!

Draft saved Draft deleted