cac stickers can help a coin when selling

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by potty dollar 1878, Feb 16, 2021.

1. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

yeah - that is not right. Not doing due diligence is "turning a blind eye". I don't even want to debate this point. You just demonstrated why the large amount of theft that surrounds the hobby destroys its market.... far more than CAC can ever do. Does anyone know off the top of there head how much, in US dollars, was the value of stolen coins last year?

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

IF? Not IF. When

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I want to see a full documented history of every coin you own that starts at the day it was minted and includes proof of EVERY legal sale. If you don't provide that then you're "turning a blind eye" and absolutely complicit and contributing to the problem by your own standard

:rolleyes::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  5. JimL

JimL New Member

I can perhaps offer some explanation for the price differences in the first two coins.

While, I have not viewed the Heritage 1805 quarter most likely it is a R-2, while the GC quarter is a R-4+ (estimated survival 76-117). To a variety collector a nice plus.

Again I have not viewed the H 1831 AU Small Letter quarter. I believe the GC coin, I believe is mislabeled.

CAC has certified 18 1831 SL quarters and 4 Large Letter quarters. I believe the CG coin is a B-5 Large Letter quarter and not a SL. Thus instead of being one of 18 CAC certified, it may be one of only 5. Also, CAC has certified zero 1831 LL at the MS 60, 61, and 62 grades. (Pick your favorite series and see how many years have CAC populations of 5 total in Grades AU-58 thru MS-62.)

Perhaps the GC bidders knew that they were bidding on a LL and not SL quarter.

Hope this helps explain some of the price differences on the first two GC coins.

6. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

I would not think that GC vs. HA or Stacks should matter that much for medium to upper-priced coins. Maybe for 7-figure coins, but even there I think GC is getting some traction.

No doubt, though, the higher the price, the more the people with those $$$ are probably used to going to HA or Stacks or LN. But GC is making inroads.

I've seen some super-expensive coins on Ebay, but they don't get bids there. I think the owners just list them there to advertise.

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It's much simplier than any die states, it CAC and then on the first two and somewhat venue. Stacks and Heritage basically couldn't care less about sub 500 dollar unless part of a larger submission and yes the CAC sticker did matter that one had it and the other didn't. The other one it was CAC vs non CAC.

Draft saved Draft deleted