CAC or MAC certification is a fake

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by DANIEL HENRIQUEZ, Jul 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Do you even read what’s posted or is reading comprehension just too hard?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

You actually have it backwards Daniel...
    You mean sent out to be graded 1st and THEN cracked out (but not the way we crack them out!) and re-slabbed IF they grade properly.

At home...you are free to crack it out and THEN send it in for grading.

Coins are graded through slabs hundreds/thousands of times a week lol! And that's just at PCGS.

Kentucky likes this.
  4. charley

charley Well-Known Member

ATTICA, Brother, ATTICA!!!!!!

I'm with you....Torches and Pitchforks at Midnight in Jersey!!!!

LETS GO!!!!

5. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

THE OP'S "CONTRIBUTIONS" . . . . .

Stupidist thing.jpg

One Mans Trash and charley like this.
  6. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Why are you feeding the Troll?
    97c6599256c7ed3cfc8c33a882e83ecf--my-mom-quotes-my-family-quotes.jpg

ZoidMeister and imrich like this.
  7. charley

Because it is fun...sort of like throwing peanuts at the monkeys in the Zoo, and they throw poop back at you.

ede1964, Oldhoopster and ldhair like this.
  8. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

This has gone off course with me and maybe a few others. Question; What ground breaking coin that a CAC sticker was on increased the value of the item exponentially that made people turn their heads? Now we have a new sticker by someone else to put on a slabbed piece, and this allows the value of the coin to increase? Just like the lesser known TPG's out there who grade, when does it stop?

9. Scuba4fun777

Scuba4fun777 Well-Known Member

It’s the simple economics of supply & demand.
    If someone feels that a sticker will increase the value of the slabbed coin and the buyer agrees, then they’ll complete the transaction.
    The market has shown that a CAC sticker will - more often than not - increase the value; whereas others that have tried to duplicate Mr. Albanese’s craft have not been anywhere near as successful.
    Bottom line: if you like the coin and the price, buy it. If not, try to negotiate or just walk away.

10. charley

Without exaggeration, the majority (by a very wide margin) of coins, compared to pieces without a green or gold recognition.

Maybe you can compare relevant informative publications by Greysheet:

THE GREYSHEET QUARTERLY CAC RARE COIN MARKET REVIEW,
    THE CDN MONTHLY GREYSHEET;
    THE CPG COIN AND CURRENCY QUARTERLY MARKET REVIEW.

This may help dissuade any disgruntlement, and assist in getting back on course, and conclude that CAC does actually increase the value.

What new sticker are you referring to? CAC has been in operation since 2008, and has more than fulfilled the purpose and stated goals of the establishment of CAC.

11. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

What is this new MAC sticker that some are talking about. Never heard of it. Oh, and I have a few slabs with CAC on them, I'm trying understand why it would raise value?? I'll be checking out the above publications, thanks, I just don't want to see future slabs with stickers all over them.

charley likes this.
  12. charley

I can not comment with any confidence concerning MAC. It is not a confidence builder in my world and I would only be speculating even though I am familiar with the individuals.

As to why, concerning CAC, it is proven confidence in the opinion of CAC, and think of it as a 4PG, not a TPG, that has been very successful in detecting the coin doctors pieces and has definitely established one of the purposes of making a market. CAC buys what it certifies.

Consider that if Joe Collector sends a piece for evaluation to CAC, and it does not receive a green or gold recognition, Joe Collector does not pay. If it does receive recognition, the 1st Tier cost is $16.00.

If you navigate to CACcoin.com, you will be pleased that you did so, and will have the added benefit of discussions by world class collectors, Graders, Dealers, Buyers, Sellers, Auctioneers, the Greysheet principles, and the CAC Team itself, that you can join in and be welcome. It truly is a whos who of numismatics and anyone can participate and all are welcome.

-jeffB likes this.
  13. Like the Chinese merchants with chop-marks on trade dollars,Dealers could add theie own unique Smiley face or thumbs up stickers to each slab that goes through their hands,,,,And add a 10% markup for each one !

14. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

I believe @Kurisu misquoted part of his post - it should have been macGARBAGE. imho.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

15. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

The OP is long gone from this thread. Great opportunity to bury it and move to something more productive.

imrich likes this.
  17. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I thank all of you for your information, mostly, about CAC. I have not bought a coin with a CAC sticker on the outside, inside, front, or back. I am sure that some collectors believe that a CAC sticker increases the value of a coin after being graded by a TPG. That may be true, but I would bet that due to the technology that is changing day to day, the CAC sticker will be obsolete because some other type of electronic or technology grading will be the means of a second evaluation of the grade.
    Most of my purchases are from the Mint, regardless of the exaggerated price. I have bought some fine coins from ebay and Mount Vernon.
    Those of you that think that the Mint's prices are too high, look at what the Mint's coins sell by coin companies that advertise their coins for sale. Several times I've had to buy coins from other companies that sell them double, triple, or even higher prices. That is our fault because we "HAVE" to have that coin.
    Getting back to the topic at hand... Is there an article or some type of presentation about the value of the CAC sticker. It would be nice if we could read an independent source of the value of the CAC sticker, like I said earlier, I don't buy coins with a CAC sticker.
    I'm sorry for interrupting this "interesting" topic.

imrich likes this.
  18. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

It was buried for 9 days before the OP brought it back up again yesterday.

As to the original topic, I think it would have been more productive if he had not lumped CAC and MAC together, as they are not in the same ballpark. And also not used the words "fake" or "false" and instead focused on the merits of having a second, second opinion. Which in and of itself, is opinion based :D

19. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I think the critical point about CAC is that it's a professional opinion from one particular expert, and his opinion commands respect from most people involved in buying and selling high-level coins. I have no problem with that.

Kentucky, AdamL and charley like this.
  20. charley

I didn't interpret that you were interrupting. I posted in my Post above sources for evaluation of CAC. The CAC website discussion forum is also a very good independent source.

I also think this is an informative Thread, and burying it would not be of value, all respect to member Santinidollar. There are members that have never heard of CAC or MAC, and other members with rumor info that is not helpful or enlightening.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    AdamL likes this.
  21. charley

Yes, and the resurrection produced wonderful informative replies that are helpful to members.

AdamL likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted