CAC grading

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kentucky, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. delila1

delila1 Undermedicated psychiatric patient

Any guesses what is the spread will be between Pcgs ngc and cac slabs for the same coin?

I’m guessing somewhere in between Pcgs and NGC. I don’t think it’s going to be higher than Pcgs

Just my guess

Joel Turner, lardan and Kentucky like this.
  4. Dima

Dima Member

Rather odd that CAC will slab ASE but (as far as I know) will not CAC sticker a PCGS/NGC ASE since it doesn't deal in modern coins.

Player11, bsowa1029, Kentucky and 2 others like this.
  5. lardan

lardan Supporter! Supporter

I think at least initially the CAC will be higher, not drastically, but higher. Is CAC going to use only the Sheldon scale?

imrich and Kentucky like this.
  6. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

So MS70 CAC is better than perfect?

Cheech9712, Player11, MIGuy and 2 others like this.
  7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Was wondering the same thing. Not really a fan of the slab. I think that this could turn into a scam.. Just keep watch as they come out.

8. lardan

lardan Supporter! Supporter

It's called revenue enhancement.

9. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

:confused: CoinCorgi, posted: "So MS70 CAC is better than perfect?" o_O

:rolleyes: No! Unless you know more than many of us, that is NOT what the CAC slab indicates.

10. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

As I understand it there is a condition range for any particular grade.
    There are some MS-65's and there are other MS-65's.
    And as I understand it a CAC sticker indicates that CAC thinks a coin is in the top (5%?/10%?) of the range for the labeled grade.

As for MS-70 I have a problem with the idea that there is perfect and then there is a better than perfect.

So what happens if CAC becomes a TPG.
    Will they consider their grade to be exact?
    (That would open a whole can of worms.)

Or do I just have the whole thing wrong.

11. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

I wonder if this will affect ( negatively) prices of coins with green or gold beans .

Terrifrompa and Kentucky like this.
  12. Insider

Guys, that is NOT a CAC sticker as we all knew how they were used in the past. It is part of the new CAC TPGS slab.

Cheech9712, bsowa1029, MIGuy and 4 others like this.
  13. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

That's what I thought it could be.
    I heard somewhere that they were coming out as a TPG.
    For the moment I don't care for that idea.

Cheech9712, Kentucky and CoinCorgi like this.
  14. delila1

delila1 Undermedicated psychiatric patient

I agree about the slabs They have absolutely no visual appeal and look like a bottom tier graders slab personal opinion.

15. charley

charley Well-Known Member

Sigh....it is not the CACG Holder. It is photoshopped by Tomaska Et Al. It is a TV flimflam act. The first CACG Holders are not released yet. Sample encapsulation will occur very soon/coming week or so. The first final production Holders will be going to members that were selected from an Essay Contest.

It is so easy to simply go to the website and verify everything and it is verified by JA.

The First Delivery schtick is just that...it is implying that it is the very first CACG Holders. That is a lie and very misleading. The wording is another method of, same as First Strike, Early Release, etc. The marketing gimmick by the tv FlimFlammer has nothing to do with CACG, OR CAC. CAC/CACG do not have any control over marketing pricing, and if a person does not want to use due diligence, that is their choice.

Not one previous Post in this Thread is correct. Not one assumption is correct.

That has been accomplished, BTW.

16. Insider

@charley, posted: "Sigh....it is not the CACG Holder. It is photoshopped by Tomaska Et Al. It is a TV flimflam act. The first CACG Holders are not released yet. Sample encapsulation will occur very soon/coming week or so. The first final production Holders will be going to members that were selected from an Essay Contest.

It is so easy to simply go to the website and verify everything and it is verified by JA."

What a great idea!

CAC Grading reveals its holders for future submissions
    • By Larry Jewett , Coin World
    • Published: Nov 23, 2022, 9 AM
    [​IMG]
    C

MIGuy and Kentucky like this.
  17. charley

charley Well-Known Member

It was "revealed" by the CAC Team on their own website in NOV. 22. Justin Lee did the photography. It was not Coin World with a firstest with the mostest Scoop. CW was reporting after the Reveal by CAC Team viewed by all members.

It doesn't matter at all, because the point is the Holder in this Thread is/was photoshopped and many details are not correct accordingly.

Player11, Kentucky and imrich like this.
  18. Insider

[​IMG]

@charley,

I'm really confused. I did what you said to do. Is this the CAC TPGS SLAB or not? If so, it sure is similar to the one in the OP.

Pickin and Grinin and Kentucky like this.
  19. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Sorry for any confusion, I just saw that in an ad and thought it was interesting. I like the identifying number... 12345678 12

imrich and CoinCorgi like this.
  20. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Looks like an early sample slab to me.

Player11 and Kentucky like this.
  21. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

What about it do you think will turn into a scam?

Draft saved Draft deleted