CAC Coins

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by GoldenLager, Dec 16, 2015.

1. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Understood and agree.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

I would normally be grateful for the support, but if you understood that I worry for you. :D

JPeace$ and Cascade like this.
  4. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

That's why I needed clarification from your first post. Sadly, yes, I get it...:nailbiting:

5. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Well I did not read all 4 pages of responses - but I treat CAC about the same way as I do a tpg. Do I think the coin is graded correctly, do I think it is tops for the grade and deserves a sticker. If either of those is no - and it does happen, then I skip the coin. Keep in mind I do this for tpg coins not having a CAC sticker also(you might miss some nice coins if you do not look at those also). Once it meets that and I think it has good eye appeal - then I look at the price and the premium. Sometimes I think it might be worth it, other times the premium is just way to much(that happens on ebay a lot). I also know when it comes to certain types of coins I would not pay much premium if any - like morgans. Just my personal opinion

I still remember the 1872 two center I bought from HJB. I bought it without knowing they had sent it to CAC. I told HJB I want it anyway and basically I would think less of CAC if it did not get a green sticker. It did. No premium involved at all. I paid only what they had listed it for. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted