Bye ......this is my last thread...NO MORE PHOTOS

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Errorcoins, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errorcoins

Errorcoins Senior Member

Sorry to say but this forum is not fair if you disagree with someone.

I've been "Censored"

My finds have been degraded here.

I've also been insulted here.

Keep your "old Guys" club....no room for new collectors here.

I have spent thousands of dollars on Bisons and have spent hundreds of hours (researching) hunting through them.

Taking good photos, doing the computer work on them and posting all take time.......forget it......no more.

Goodbye ............ NO MORE PHOTOS!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. I Palindrome I

I Palindrome I Senior Member

Internet Drama!

4. whoopig

whoopig New Member

Apparently you are not being censored if you are allowed to post this message.

Actually I dont know why I even justified this thread with a response.

5. Errorcoins

Errorcoins Senior Member

I started 3 other threads that were deleted.

6. WaA140

WaA140 New Member

Wow! Speedy's an old guy now? A hearty welcome to Speedy in joining the "old geezer" club. :p

7. nesvt

nesvt Coin Hoarder

You're going to miss out on a lot of great information. Don't take things too seriously. I've had one or two posts moved as well. Same thing... had to be moved to the Error Forum. Not a big deal. I know many folks think I spend too much time with the Hubble telescope searching for varieties. I don't care for Ike's or Kennedy halves. Everyone has an opinion. That's usually a good thing. Take it all with a grain of salt... or have fun with it without insulting anyone. Got to go. I'm drilling some holes in a few ancient Japanese coins to make my cat a new collar. ;)

8. lawdogct

lawdogct Coin Collector

There were a bunch of threads recently removed. I noticed it. But I don't think YOU were the root error. Did you see those weird weird posts by Al Gory yesterday??? The strange ones about glueing coins to everything? If not, they were not cool. I believe all traces of Al have been removed. Unfortunately, some threads were lost in the cleanup process. You started alot of threads yesterday, and AL Gory was screwing up every new thread at that time.

Point being, my evidence says you weren't intentionally sensored. Now as to some of the, oh lets call it "criticisms", from certain other users, I can't, and won't, account for it.

9. coin roll guy

coin roll guy da breadman

I did not like the way "Al Gory" was acting yesterday so I put him on ignore.

hmmm. I wonder.....

10. Errorcoins

Errorcoins Senior Member

No, I was censored, a moderator told me so.

I posted about my find. Old dude attacked it, even before a picture showed up.

I was insulted first, old dude said I had to be drinking (calling me a drunk) to see the errors I was seeing.

It's called magnification, but some old dudes are too lazy to look through a LOUPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have spent thousands of dollars on Bisons and have spent hundreds of hours searching them. I found some very cool varieties only to have them degraded here, thanks.

11. lawdogct

lawdogct Coin Collector

Sorry to hear it.

To quote Tolkien:

"Fare well, wherever you may fare."

12. rick

rick Coin Collector

well, you could just tell people that you disagree with them and move on.

the moderators are only doing their job to keep the forum on topic and steady.

I think some of the people here just see the bison as a passing fad with a lot of hype, and that can be dangerous to the hobby... if you don't think so, just say that you respecfully disagree and keep posting - I'm sure there are people who visit this forum that find your posts to be informative and interesting. Focus on those people.

13. Errorcoins

Errorcoins Senior Member

On topic....the bison is a coin ..a VERY POPULAR COIN!!!!!!

Main coin forum...."anything goes" I guess not!

Yesterday there were many, many posts on both sides...today there are NO POSTS!!!! That's why I put it in the Main Coin Forum.

Dangerous to the hobby........I think not.....Great for the Hobby, lots of interest in coins.

Yes I see some people selling non errors as errors, that's wrong, I don't do it. I see some peolple buying non errors as errors, well I guess that's their own fault for not researching the coin.

My errors are REAL ........ prove me wrong!

14. rick

rick Coin Collector

settle down.

I'm not trying to prove anything. just offering up a thought or two. You can leave if that's what you want to do... or you can try to see other points of view, and just... disagree, respectfully.

When I said moderators are trying to keep things on topic, I meant they are trying to keep things on topic without things getting insulting, not that your threads aren't on topic - calm down.

15. Errorcoins

Errorcoins Senior Member

I WAS insulted more than once yesterday.

SEEMS like the MODERATORS only monitor me.

YES, I'm very passionate about the BISON VARIETIES!!!! But I did not get out of line, I was defending myself.

I guess I should just tell my 9 year old daughter the "Bison Varities" she FOUND are just "spenders" and too stop hunting through the Bisons and give up coin collecting.

16. leatherface

leatherface New Member

good luck with your bison hunt

17. GaryBurke

GaryBurke Senior Member

You know, I love this forum, but must say that on the old CW forum that many of us came from...there was no melodrama, just coin collecting.

The first forums I joined, many years ago, were loaded with such stuff, and it made them useless.

One of my two careers has been as a newspaper writer. When someone disagees with what I write, my comment is: "Then, don't read it." Wouldn't that apply here?

Let's move on.

:) :)

18. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Thanks for the Welcome!!...somedays I feel old...like when I forget something...

Now lets get this forum back on topic. :D
    Speedy

19. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

Alrighty, I was wondering when one of these threads was going to come along.

Listen, CoinTalk is what it is and most of the people who come here like it that way. If they didn't like it, perhaps they wouldn't come back so often. Plenty of other places out there if you don't feel at home here.

Nobody deleted your threads. I moved them into the Error Coins section. You are saying these are errors, right? That's what the Error Coins section is for, discussing error coins. No grand conspiracy against you there. Nope, didn't even take a single black helocopter, not even a one jack booted federal agent. Nada. Just me putting things where they belong.

As far as the posts of yours that did get removed, I noticed one of them contained some not so nice language, and the others were personal attacks against specific people. We don't do that here at CoinTalk. Here at CoinTalk, what we do is talk about coins. We try to do it nicely too.

Anyway, as with everyone else, you're welcome to come and go as you like, just behave yourself while you're here, same as we expect from everyone.

20. Errorcoins

Errorcoins Senior Member

thanks for the lashings

If I remember correctly, I was insulted first, my find was degrading even before a photo was posted, I was asked what I was drinking to see these "spenders", my profession was insulted with, "I'm a coin collector, not a photographer" yes that was a jab at me and you know it. I was called a bad name by someone else, that was deleted (thanks).

Sorry that I wanted to "share" my finds with everyone. That's why I posted it in the main coin forum where "anything goes". I know about errors, I didn't have a question about it, that why I didn't post it in the error section. The thead had many replies in the main forum and none in the error forum.

If I place my "Finds" in the error section, many won't see them. The Bison is super popular right now ( and probably forever) so why not post on the main coin forum.

Sorry for wanting to share with everyone.

21. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

If somebody insults you, please find the [​IMG] in the top right of the post, and use it.

Your comment about how many replied the post got doesn't make any sense. You never even tried posting in the correct forum for discussing error coins, so how do you know it would be ignored there?

And, the main forum is NOT an "anything goes" forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.