Buying online

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by 1stSgt22, Mar 7, 2021.

1. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Sorry! That was really vague!!! I mainly collect U.S. coins!!!! Modern!!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Modern US eBay is your best bet.
    Great Collections has a mix of graded ones as well.
    Heritage and stacks types will generally only have high end ones

4. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Any local coin shows in your area? That or a local coin store frequently will also have modern US issues. At the local show here they have tons of modern silver dollars for like $20ish

1stSgt22 likes this.
  5. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Local coin show two times a year. Not much for LCS around. Mostly kind of junked up! Have had a little luck at antique stores in the past nut with COVID haven't ventured out much! That's why I was looking for something online!!

6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Like others said, Ebay if you stand going through all of the listings. Maybe post here in the wanted section. Sometimes dealers here sell stuff through Coin Talk. I bought what amounted to three large boxes of modern US stuff here once for my kids, (nothing implied by that, I used to collect US, they like shiny coins and cannot stand old junk I collect now).

1stSgt22 likes this.
  7. charley

charley Well-Known Member

No disagreement. I simply prefer and always have, doing so in person. I like to kibitz, socialize, shake a hand or two, and enjoy the experience. There is the added lack of trust in the mail, and the added difficulty of hiding the purchase from the house vulture. These things are important to me, and have worked out OK for me. In fact, you were present, in Balt., as I recall., though I could be wrong, I am also getting old, but I seem to remember you were at the club meeting when the 1836 Reeded Edge deal that went from a 55 PCGS OGH to a 65 CAC , some years ago., a 3 way between Mark, RCNH and me. That was fun, and a once in a lifetime opportunity. There is no way I could duplicate that using a mail/IT deal. It would seem lacking of fun, to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted