Buying Coins From The TV(CSN, HSN, etc)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by CoinCollector15, Jan 17, 2009.

1. immytay1

immytay1 Member

on the coin vault they are messing with people right now with there prices

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

That slippery snake Chambers still there? I don't get satillite any more....

4. pappy-o

pappy-o coinoisseur

I love it when they are selling the annual proof sets which are still available at the Mint for much less :eating:

5. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

Amazing.

Unanimity on Coin Talk!

6. coop

coop Senior Member

7. immytay1

immytay1 Member

yeah sure is

8. immytay1

immytay1 Member

On AATV last night they had the whole set of kennedy halves to date for $359.95 deal or rip off

9. bhp3rd

bhp3rd Die varieties, Gems

I'm sure it's safe and reliable if I

I'm sure it's safe and reliable if I managed to sell you a coin at $100 that I had $9.00 in it and was worth $8.00 I sure would want you to receive it.
    I would move heaven and earth to keep you comming back for more don't you know?
    Now this is only if I slithered like a snake, talked like a lawyer, promised like a politician, and acoounted like an accountant - but alas I do not.

10. green18

11. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I agree, I find this sickening. They can get away with it because they say "fine to BU condition." I wonder just how many are BU...it is terrible that they are ripping people off like this.

12. biggiej

biggiej Member

You scared me for a minute there green18, but I see those were the business strikes. They told me last night on the Coinvault that if you cracked the Kennedies out of the 1964 - 2009 proof sets that those alone would be worth $750.00. I thought i might have got some bad information for a minute!!!!

Ha! Ha!:hail::hail:

13. immytay1

immytay1 Member

14. Bazz

Bazz Member

I have to admit that there's so little, if anything out there regarding coins on TV that I get a kick out of watching these shows. I especially enjoy the Yogi and Boo Boo show on QVC. I wouldn't buy a bologna sandwich from these guys but they are something to behold when they get on a roll. I believe that the last show I saw had an amazing special on different coins that had been plastered with Michael Jackson's face at various stages of plastic surgery and feminization.

The brutally rare 2009 1oz American Silver Eagle bullion coin with Mikey's face covering it - $100.00. The exotic and so rare red oak box that the coin comes in - $75.00. The privilege of having the coup de gras done by Yogi and Boo Boo! - Priceless!

15. immytay1

immytay1 Member

Saw on the coinvault last night and thought it was so funny

55 Morgan Silver Dollars for only $7499.95

Thats to much!

16. green18

That is definately one place you don't want to drop that kind o' money....:smile

17. MattJW

MattJW 7 Iron Surgeon

I love those shows and commercials, or the ones where it's a reproduction of a key date United States coin re-released for a LIMITED time thats legal tender in (insert country). I'd rather take the chance buying a 22' plain on Ebay uncert.

18. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I bought the Westward collection a few years ago on HSN. I really liked the guys peddling the stuff and I was having trouble getting the coins out of circulation. I haven't bought anything since. I'll go with Scottie on this one: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me". I must say that these shows do have some comic entertainment value.

19. pappy-o

pappy-o coinoisseur

Talk about unanimity, even those national news folks won't talk about those coin shows:eek:dd:

Attached Files:

20. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

Just say no.

Bruce

21. loosechange

loosechange Junior Member

coinvault and coin country are both the big rips. Coin country closed didnt they? I remeber them in dandridge TN now cant find them

Draft saved Draft deleted