Buyer Beware!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by 1953, Feb 17, 2020.

1. 1953

1953 Active Member

I thought these pictures looked like they came from some type of book, etc. as they all had the same or very similar appearance and most have no luster, etc. Cookie Cutter-they all fit perfectly in the pics and they sell no certified coins.
    https://www.usacoinbook.com/store/4Coindealers/

Here is what one person said about them--
    From: lookingforthe1 ( 27 ) - December 27 2016 - 03:36 PM CST
    slow on deliver, and the coin is not the one that is shown on the listing after I order I seen where it is listed that its not the coin shown, but I would thank that it would be close to it. but the one I received is not close to it the coin has a big cut across the chest of the eagle and the chest is flat on the back and a big cut on the right side on the front of the coin its listed at a XF 1884-S Morgan Dollar but its under that listing to me with out the big cuts marks on the front and revers it would be close , I have looked at a lot of listings on ebay and this site and the ones that our listed to be XF r in better shape ! I would say that this coin is over rated by far

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The guy has some great coins and has really nice images. I don't see a reason to bash the guy.

Woodman60 likes this.
  4. Woodman60

Woodman60 Mercury Dimes Franklin Halves

You forgot to mention that the same buyer lookingforthe1 left the seller 2 separate positive feed backs on Dec. 4th and on Dec. 6th.
    Seller looks ok and has over 1292 positive feedback and only 21 negative feedback.
    And some negative feed backs were from the same buyers.
    Can't please everyone.
    Also my pictures have white background also and are cropped like those, a lot of us do that.
    See example below:

upload_2020-2-17_6-32-25.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  5. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

I don’t see why you’re making a post that says Buyer Beware!! When really, there’s nothing too wrong with this seller. He may not be the best, but he’s not terrible. Some sellers don’t send you the right thing, and some don’t even sell you anything at all. So this seller isn’t too bad. And also, the pictures... I agree with the fact that he shouldn’t sell coins with different pictures than what the coin actually looks like, but overall he’s not that bad.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Woodman60 likes this.
  6. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

I don't understand why you are posting what someone else's bad experience with the seller is. ??? o_O. Did you have your own bad experience or not? Or did you post this as a PSA because you don't like the sellers coin photography?

Generally speaking unless you have personal experience with that seller, or know for a fact that they are selling fake coins, it's considered bad form to trash business online.

Scammy businesses should be called out, but not just because you data mined their negative feedback from other buyers. So while I probably personally would not buy from this seller, I also would not try to dissuade strangers from buying from the seller because I have no first hand information, good or bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted