But I don't want to collect British coins.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kirkuleez, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Reminds me of my secret Santa prognosticating fortune cookie message a few weeks ago :)

And really only we coin geeks know that we don't have pennies in the US. That's funny and nice title!

Kirkuleez likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AndrewDS1

AndrewDS1 New Member

Lots of discussion of older coins, which is great. While I have a collection of older coins, I find that Great Britain is doing some wonderful (beautiful) coins in this decade. Something to consider if you are looking for beauty (and youth) in numismatics: a modern interpretation of Britannia. She never looked so good, especially with a lion at her feet.
    50lb Silver 2015 Britannia.jpg

Attached Files:

4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Yes, but it was my friend that got us the job and he got to meet him. All I met was the maid and stable hands. I did, however get to meet Meryl Streep while doing some yard work for her, what a very outgoing and friendly lady she was. Arnold Swarzenegger lived right next door to her, never saw him though. Along with Whoopie Goldberg, Rip Torn and Rodney Dangerfield, they all lived in the same town. It's a very popular upscale rural community where a lot of the stars have migrated to for summer homes.

green18 likes this.
  5. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Hah, what's this? In for a penny, in for 50 pounds? :) Inflation is terrible. :p

6. AndrewDS1

AndrewDS1 New Member

I'm not sure a penny (in modern terms) is even worth the metal it has been stamped on... Someday the penny will be an anachronism, an oddity from the past, only known to numismatic collectors. We'll sit our grandkids on our knees and tell them about the money called a 'penny', that you could buy so much with!

7. Black Friar

Black Friar Well-Known Member

Love the William and Mary; stunning piece.

britannia40 likes this.
  8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Heck. Would love to meet Whoopie.....she's a sketch..........

tommyc03 likes this.
  9. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Lets not forget the wonderful australian penny! Who doesn't like kangaroos?
    1911a both.jpg 1946 d304 both web.jpg

jester3681 and britannia40 like this.
  10. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

11. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Really hope these clunkers don't start falling from heaven. I'd need a stainless steel umbrella and a helmet.

Kirkuleez likes this.
  12. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Titanium would be the better choice of materials; much lighter.

Draft saved Draft deleted