Bust Half Overton Request

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lincolncent, Jun 21, 2011.

1. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Hey guys, I posted this bust half last October when I bought it and am now seriously considering getting it graded to A) help keep it safe from the elements and B) I'm interested to see what it comes back. However, I am wondering if this particular coin is any Overton Variety. I would buy the book however I don't collect bust halves and I was hoping someone here would be willing to help. If you need any pics of a specific area let me know and I will get them. I got it out to get two small black spots off the back (no worries, I was extremely careful doing this). Thanks in advance!
    ~lincolncent

edit: these pics get much larger if you click them.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Looks like a O-113a (R2) to me. Looks like it's VF-XF, though I'd lean more toward VF. Not worth slabbing. Slabs don't protect coins from the environment, just fingers, and the cost to slab this piece would be half the coin's value.
    Guy

4. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Thanks! And yeah I guess thats true. In hand its definately XF but my picture-making skills are terrible. And considering what I paid for it even after slabbing I'd still make money :p
    Still not 100% I'm gonna do it so thanks for the advice. :)

5. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

I would say it is XF. I did not verify the overton number. I also believe it has been cleaned - not too bad from the pictures, but I believe it makes it a crap shoot with the TPG's. I have seen some graded that looked cleaned and some in detail holders that looked nicer than the graded ones. Just my humble opinion. Still a nice coin. Why not just put 'er into an airtite?

6. I agree with the O-113a. Filled A3.

Draft saved Draft deleted