Buffalo Nickel roll

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by edteach, Jan 1, 2020.

1. edteach

edteach Well-Known Member

I was offered a roll 40 1937 P Buffalo Nickels full dates in VG and up condition for 50 cents each. I have no idea the going rate and if this is a good deal.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

I have seen rolls at $50+ in recent auctions, in good condition I would say $1 a coin so vg and up would seem to be a steal

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  4. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

I'd probably do it for $20, but I have a nickel roll collection (Jefferson) so it kind of makes sense. But I think to an average collector, it might be a 'lot of the same' and better ways to spread a $20 purchase over a variety of dates/mms. I agree with JCKTJK; it's a very fair deal. And it only needs to matter to you. No explanations required.

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Probably a good price but is the roll you are asking about original? In other words, has it been searched through? Is it an original bank roll? Or was it put together later?

Kevin Mader likes this.
  6. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It seems fair, as dateless go for around .30 each.
    1937 is a common date but if they are mixed mm's maybe you can find a 3 legged in there. (Cough cough.)
    .50 cents doesn't sound outrageous to me.
    Of course the early buffaloes are the desirable dates.

Cheech9712 and Kevin Mader like this.
  7. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Yep. I would jump on a deal like that. But then I love the average stuff as much as the eye popping stuff.

TexasCharley likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted