Buffalo nickel find

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Regina D Mcmullen, Sep 30, 2020.

1. What might be the value of this beautiful nickel CM200929-235755003.jpg CM200929-235429001.jpg ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Sorry to say but your coin is a very common date and IMO would grade in the VF-XF range. Worth a few dollars. Here's two coins that recently sold on eBay:
    upload_2020-9-30_1-31-43.png
    The coin that sold for $9.99 is graded higher than your coin. Therefore the higher price.

4. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

This one also looks polished. I wouldn’t pay more then $2 if I was really into it

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I'm not sure if it is polished or not, based on the pictures, nor can I really tell if that is a D or S mintmark under the buffalo. It appears to have VF details, so based on that, if it is not polished, the values per Numismedia would be $3 if it is a 1936-D and $2 if it is a 1936-S.

Just figure it as a $1-3 coin.

As mentioned, those are very common dates, so it is not a particularly valuable coin, but it is pretty, as you mentioned (hopefully that's just some trace luster and not shine from polishing). You're certainly not going to get rich off it, but if you found that in circulation it's a pretty fun find nonetheless.

Draft saved Draft deleted