buffalo nickel DDR???

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MatrixMP-9, Dec 27, 2019.

1. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

My Dad is so great. He told me he ran across a nickel that looked nice. I asked him to take a couple pictures and send them to me. The obverse is blurry ...he shakes pretty bad and tried so hard. God I love the man! He did pretty good on the reverse though! I see some good detail on the devices at least for a circulated 1935 softy nickel. with what I could see, the "O" in OF looks to match DDO-002 from VV but I just dont look at enough nickels to know if this is a common thing from a worn die or even if this is just the way the design is. The buffalos eye looks a little "crazy" too.

Anyway, I realize the pics are not the best but do you see anything? It sort of looks like improperly mixed metal ??? Thoughts and opinions???

IMG_7883.jpg IMG_7882.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Sorry, your image is not clear enough for me to make any determination of DDR. Try putting a 10x loupe in front of your camera on your phone and make sure theres ample light.

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

and focus on the EPU

5. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

My Dad sent me this picture as described in the subject above. Sorry guys!!! Its the best he could manage with his Parkinsons. I gave him a bunch of kudos for his effort! I will get the coin soon and get some pics but for now he and the coin are 3000 miles away. Sorry :)

Having said all that, looks pretty good as far as detail for a nickel that old. I was impressed. I was happy to see little details around the eye. It was a nice find on his part. Im not even sure where he got it....if it was in some coins he had or pocket change.

Seattlite86 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted