Bu wheat quality question

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by IntenseBlue, Feb 6, 2023.

1. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

I would qualify those as a SCORE! Nice toners!

You don't need an expensive camera to take web coin pics. I use a very old Canon SD700IS you can find on ebay for $50 or so. It has up to 4x optical zoom, macro mode and auto-focus. All of the pictures I posted on CT use this camera. I use NO post processing, only a crop and resize to about 1000x1000 pixels. The next most important thing is your light. I use this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BMPP32Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. IntenseBlue

IntenseBlue New Member

Psuman08, the ones with the dark brown toning are the ones that made me question the return. Me not knowing better, suspected damage. To me it looked as if they had been wet/weathered. But if I wanted to attempt that route it would've been for the seller intentionally hiding it to which I do believe he did based off of the sale ad I linked in my 2nd post.

On the flipside, I'm more comfortable with them now with the responses gathered from the members here as to where I was nervous before. My intention was to select 2 of these per roll and attempt to sell the rest. I didnt want to be stuck with ugly RB coins that wouldn't move.

No offense BadThad, but I'm not with you on the one you suspect as an end Roll toner. To me that coin is nasty, haha. Yours on the other hand with the green and purple hues is in a different class. Thank you for the recommendations on the camera and the light. I'll probably be picking up one of those lights and grabbing a camera after doing some more research.

Thanks to all of you for responding. I'll try to sort through these by the end of the week and pick out the best examples to save.

Lastly, in light of the prior paragraph, should I be shooting for the least marks, or the strongest strike?

BadThad likes this.
  4. IntenseBlue

IntenseBlue New Member

Psuman08, the ones with the dark brown toning are the ones that made me question the return. Me not knowing better, suspected damage. To me it looked as if they had been wet/weathered. But if I wanted to attempt that route it would've been for the seller intentionally hiding it to which I do believe he did based off of the sale ad I linked in my 2nd post.

On the flipside, I'm more comfortable with them now with the responses gathered from the members here as to where I was nervous before. My intention was to select 2 of these per roll and attempt to sell the rest. I didnt want to be stuck with ugly RB coins that wouldn't move.

No offense BadThad, but I'm not with you on the one you suspect as an end Roll toner. To me that coin is nasty, haha. Yours on the other hand with the green and purple hues is in a different class. Thank you for the recommendations on the camera and the light. I'll probably be picking up one of those lights and grabbing a camera after doing some more research.

Thanks to all of you for responding. I'll try to sort through these by the end of the week and pick out the best examples to save.

Lastly, in light of the prior paragraph, should I be shooting for the least marks, or the strongest strike?

5. IntenseBlue

IntenseBlue New Member

Not sure what happened with the double post. My first quote disappeared and I tried to edit it and got that quote right and the 2nd one deleted. Apologies.

Draft saved Draft deleted