Bruce Morelan buys back finest 1913 V nickel for 6 million

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by potty dollar 1878, Feb 28, 2021.

1. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

must be nice to have dough like that haha

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If I had that much money I would have bid them up.

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

If I had that much money I'd like to think I'd apply it toward real coins, not Mint-staff shenanigans.

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Congrats to him on adding another historic coin

You can't bid up a private sale

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  7. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

You and I are on exactly the same page about the 1913 Liberty Nickel. If I had one, I would sell it and buy many more real coins that are much more interesting.

I was wondering why Mr. Morelan had started a string of posts elsewhere about how the "important collections" must have the 1913 nickel and an 1804 dollar in them. Now I know.

I think Mr. Morelan has owned one of these coins before. I think he owned and sold the Jerry Bus coin years ago.

8. baseball21

He's owned this exact one before, the article literally even says that..............

9. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Well-Known Member

Am guessing he is trying to make a statement and aquiring it once again
    Someone made a nice profit off of him
    Helpfully it ll just stay out of sight for it a bit . but would be a shame because had the pleasure seeing this in person once ( was at a convention here w armed guard along with many rare dates )

10. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

The article actually says this is the third time he's owned this exact specimen.

11. baseball21

He generally allows his coins to be displayed at shows, when those come back I would guess this will probably make an appearance in a display at some major show from time to time

12. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

We are all Pawns in a Numismatic World . "the rich get rich as the poor get poorer ". Yes , it must be greener on the other side of the fence . download.jpg

13. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

My attitude is summed up by the rabbi’s blessing from the musical, “Fiddler on the Roof.”

“May God bless and keep the tsar .... far away from us.”

brg5658 and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  14. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Well-Known Member

I agree with that. For the money I could have a dozen really cool coins

For me the greatest US rarity in private hand is hands down THE 1822 Half Eagle no mid night minting, no government mistakes(the proof set 1804 dollars) , no sneaking out of the the mint (looking at you 1933 double eagle ) or full on mysteries (1870-S Three Dollar gold) . Famous for who owned it(Pogue and Eliasberg) and who did (Bass) .

-jeffB likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted