Broad strike roosevelt dime? Need help please.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jacob Couts, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Jacob Couts

Jacob Couts Member

I don't know if this is post mint or legit errors. I can't even make out a year on the coin. It's super thin as well. Thx for the help. imagejpeg_0_2.jpg imagejpeg_0_4.jpg imagejpeg_0_3.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Sorry,but it was damaged after it left the mint. It was pressed with something that had a lot of tonnage. The back looks like it was part of a sandwich with another coin in the press. Not an error

4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 Well-Known Member

5. Silverpop

Silverpop Active Member

Called Post mint damage which your coin would fall under

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  6. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

How cute, someone tried to squish it with a trolly car instead of a train!

DarkRage666 likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's damaged

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  8. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

Appears to have been run over by some type of rail car or metal roller on metal track. If it was as heavy as a locomotive, it would have smashed it a bit more. So something along those lines but a little less heavy in weight. The direction it was rolled over from looking at the obverse, the coin was run over starting from the bottom and up to the top. I know because when I was a kid, we used to set coins on the railroad tracks and watch them get run over by slow moving trains. :) Plenty of experience in that department..... Got the idea from watching reruns of the Andy Griffith Show, a coin run over by a train was supposedly a "good luck coin".

Draft saved Draft deleted