Broad strike roosevelt dime? Need help please.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jacob Couts, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Jacob Couts

Jacob Couts Member

I don't know if this is post mint or legit errors. I can't even make out a year on the coin. It's super thin as well. Thx for the help. imagejpeg_0_2.jpg imagejpeg_0_4.jpg imagejpeg_0_3.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Sorry,but it was damaged after it left the mint. It was pressed with something that had a lot of tonnage. The back looks like it was part of a sandwich with another coin in the press. Not an error

4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

5. Silverpop

Silverpop Well-Known Member

Called Post mint damage which your coin would fall under

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  6. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

How cute, someone tried to squish it with a trolly car instead of a train!

DarkRage666 likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's damaged

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  8. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

Appears to have been run over by some type of rail car or metal roller on metal track. If it was as heavy as a locomotive, it would have smashed it a bit more. So something along those lines but a little less heavy in weight. The direction it was rolled over from looking at the obverse, the coin was run over starting from the bottom and up to the top. I know because when I was a kid, we used to set coins on the railroad tracks and watch them get run over by slow moving trains. :) Plenty of experience in that department..... Got the idea from watching reruns of the Andy Griffith Show, a coin run over by a train was supposedly a "good luck coin".

Draft saved Draft deleted