British West Africa 1952 Penny

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Onofrio Bacigalupo, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Onofrio Bacigalupo

Onofrio Bacigalupo Well-Known Member

This is the last coin that I sold. It is from a bygone era when the world was more civilized. British West Africa Obverse Image.jpg British West Africa Reverse Image.jpg

Numismat and mark240590 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mark240590

mark240590 Rule Britannia !

I think given the choice of any time frame I could travel too I would say the peak of our empire would be my choice. That's an awesome coin I've just realised I don't yet have any of the km#a issued for BWA. I'll be into these a bit more once the baby comes along as They're fairly inexpensive :)

Numismat likes this.
  4. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

It's a nice type for collectors. Fairly large coin, easily available in mint state with full red luster and also somewhat unusual due to the center hole.

mark240590 likes this.
  5. mark240590

mark240590 Rule Britannia !

Indeed.

My more modern British African coinage isn't complete but I have quite a lot complete. This is where I started when I was finding my feet, BWA/ BEA/ SA/ SRhodesia(and its follow ons) whilst I was finding my feet before moving onto The Sierra Leone company issues, the Gold Coast ackey and all other older colonial issues from around the globe. I'm just glad I did it this way as not only did I keep myself right in not buying fakes but now finances are starting too pinch I can concentrate on filling in here and organising it nicely. It may even open the door to swapping again which would be very nice !

Numismat likes this.
  6. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

I have such coin too. It is the one of my favourite African coin.

Attached Files:

• 27.jpg
      27.jpg
      File size:
      116.4 KB
      Views:
    • 28.jpg
      28.jpg
      File size:
      114.9 KB
      Views:
  7. xlrcable

xlrcable Active Member

I have one of these too but I don't understand the symbols on it, other than the crown.

Draft saved Draft deleted