British Coinage

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by craig a, Apr 21, 2008.

1. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

I know these guys had about 650 years more to get it right, but DANG, these coins are magnificent. I wish the US mint could make stuff this good.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

they look better in gold / then in plat or silver and lastly in proof :) wish i could buy them in gold sigh

4. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Craig -
    I just ordered this sent from the Royal Mint last night. I do not collect foreign coins, but I have to say that these are gorgeous and the design is brillant. There is a link on the World Coin section to the Royal Mint. I just hope they don't make this set a yearly thing or I am in trouble. :rolleyes:

5. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

sorry to burst your bubble it is a yearly thing although you can expect to get a new design for the one 2 pound and the 5 pound coin so enjoy :)

6. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

:headbang:

7. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

It'll be cool. If you got the royal collection, you get the last of the old and the first of the new. That'll be enough for me. Because I dont collect forgien coins either. But I couldnt resist the silver proofs.

8. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

another idi err i mean collector who got swayed by the silver they need only 9998 more before they sell out :D

9. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

thats right bang it once more this time for me i got both of them once in prrof once in silver one of my friends who is a memeber of the forum told me the mint was prolly thinking i am a sucker i could have bought 4 gold coins with that money

10. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Don't give me anymore reasons to spend money. :kewl:

11. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Did the same - One in UNC, one in proof and one in silver. Wanted the gold, but :eek::eek::eek:! My wife would kill me - and you already know how that goes. :kewl:

12. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

do me a favor will ya dont tell me if you buy the gold i cant afford it i have got about 9 rare coins to buy this yyear just for my us collection i can tbe running after the us mint i already bought 3 coins coz some people have been posting great pics and the stuff goes to your head. thank god for my mentor he turns down 90% of my crazy ideas

13. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

MMMMMMMM Thanks friend! Is it lonely up there all by yourself?

14. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

no i have joe for company remember :D

15. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

:high5: Yep - I was going to say that we are the only two crazy nuts on here, but I know that how wrong that is! :cool::goofer:

Nah - I'll just get the platnum and tell you that it is silver. LOL. :whistle:

16. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

cool ill just trade my silver with yours then :D

Draft saved Draft deleted