Brinks Coin Roll Boxes

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by ReaperRuler, Jun 21, 2012.

1. ReaperRuler

ReaperRuler Resident Numismatist

Because I'm just starting out at sorting through boxes and I confirmed Tuesday that my bank has Brinks as a delivery service, I am wondering what a box of each respective denomination costs to buy from the bank. I tried searching around the forum, but nothing specifically detailing that information came across to me as I'm sure its common knowledge to most seasoned roll hunters.

I would just like to know because I dont have a ton of disposable cash so exact change is what I have to use.

Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Did you check the sticky? It's in there.

4. ReaperRuler

I did check the sticky and thanks for asking. The reason I didnt trust the sticky is that I wanted to make sure that that was a seemingly universal thing rather than a box cost for a certain company. I just wanted to make sure that if I went in and asked for a box, knowing it would come from Brinks, that I would get it for that price.

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

It's universal. Bags may vary, but I beleive they should be fairly universal, and if that's the case, a bag is equal to 2 boxes.

6. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

cents 50.00, nickels 200.00, dimes 250.00, halfs 500.00

7. Merc Crazy

Cents are $25...

John Burgess likes this.
  8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

And nickels are 100. It's 50 rolls per box (other than small dollars).

John Burgess likes this.
  9. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Before you take the plunge so to speak give some thought to the volume you expect to do and precisely how you intend to cash-off on your "discards."

10. ReaperRuler

I intend to only buy a box every week or two because they take forever to go through.

11. Merc Crazy

Halves? You can hammer out a box of halves in 15 minutes...

12. roll searcher

roll searcher coin hunter

Dimes only take about 5 minutes to edge check.

13. ReaperRuler

....assuming I'm checking for silver and not to fill folders. Silver is a side quest/benefit

14. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

Yes, if you look at the sides and see a coin without a copper strip, pull it out. I double check, a few at a time to make sure I didn't miss anything.

15. ReaperRuler

Ive found silver in dime rolls before, so i know how that works

16. clorox

clorox Member

5 minutes for a box of dimes? 15 for halves? You guys that don't have to re-roll are lucky. My best for paper-wrapped dimes is about 45 minutes, and about 30 minutes for halves. And that's at "I might make it to the dump bank, get cash, and make it to the pickup bank before they close if traffic is okay" speed.

17. ReaperRuler

I should point out that my statement regarding roll-searching a box being slow was made after I sorted through a box of pennies. You cant edge search those...to my knowledge...

18. Mary Washington

Mary Washington New Member

I went to Chase Bank and asked for coinage and single,$2. I was told to come back later in the week. The teller said there where no extra coinage or Kennedy's due to the shortage.

19. Mike Davis

Mike Davis Well-Known Member

IMG_20200805_121813966.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted