Brent Pogue Has Passed....

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Evan8, Jul 31, 2019.

1. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

I believe it was Dallas. Cal

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. EyeAppealingCoins

EyeAppealingCoins Well-Known Member

I wonder if he was ill and if that is why he sold off his coins. RIP.

Paul M. likes this.
  4. EyeAppealingCoins

Corona del Mar, California

5. EyeAppealingCoins

He was originally from Dallas, Texas and may have had investment properties there.

6. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

Received sad news in Stack's Bowers email. Here's first part of Q. David Bowers' eulogy:

By Q. David Bowers, Co-Founder

It was with great sadness that I and others learned of the unexpected passing of D. Brent Pogue, quietly in his home. I have had the privilege and honor of knowing and working with Brent ever since he entered numismatics in the 1970s, and in recent years all of us at Stack’s Bowers Galleries have partnered closely with him and his family in the sale by auction in five events, of his extraordinary collection of early American federal coins from the 1790s through the 1830s. Brent was the very definition of an extraordinary numismatist, a connoisseur. A careful student with a fine library at hand, he researched every coin he hoped to add to his collection.

link: https://www.stacksbowers.com/News/Pages/Blogs.aspx?ArticleID=Remembering-D-Brent-Pogue

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  7. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I never knew him, but I thoroughly enjoyed looking at his collection. There were some amazing coins there!

Draft saved Draft deleted