Break my heart one more time please...

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by TheRealJFW, Jan 11, 2020.

1. TheRealJFW

TheRealJFW New Member

I've set a bunch of coins aside as 'possibles,' although based on the research I've done, they're probably all worth face value...mainly just trying to learn more about what to look for.

Future posts by me will include a picture or two by coin, and, as always, I appreciate all input as to whether it's worth more than face value.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and all that good stuff.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheRealJFW

TheRealJFW New Member

Out of the group, I've only found a couple worth posting. Thoughts on this 2005 California quarter? It's got a very weak 'T' in 'Trust,' (struck through grease?) on the obverse, and an extra mark to the right of the trees on the reverse.

Attached Files:

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The weak T in TRUST is from a grease or debris filled Die. Very common and worth face value. As for the reverse, it looks like a small spot of damage.

TheRealJFW likes this.
  5. TheRealJFW

TheRealJFW New Member

I think I've seen this somewhere before, but there is an extra little 'chunk' a small bit behind Roosevelt's temple on this 2016 dime.

Attached Files:

6. TheRealJFW

TheRealJFW New Member

I couldn't get a good angle on it, but I believe it was minted on the coin...more than likely not, as I've been wrong several times in the last month or so lol, but it seems to be part of it.

7. Collecting Nut

Even if it was minted on the coin it wouldn't bring any real extra money.

8. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

so are you saying that the "T" was there but it fell off ?

9. TheRealJFW

TheRealJFW New Member

Out of curiosity, the internet talks about the 2005 Kansas 'in god we rust' all the time, but never mentions any other states.

Not doubting you, just trying to learn what is worth asking about...thanks!

10. TheRealJFW

TheRealJFW New Member

Nope, I was talking about the little raised point to the right of the trees on the reverse. It's not dirt and I can feel it, so I believe it is 'part of' the coin.

11. TheRealJFW

TheRealJFW New Member

After a little research, this is potentially a cracked die issue? Just curious as to whether it is worth face value / selling / getting slabbed / etc.

Thanks!

12. TheRealJFW

TheRealJFW New Member

Dupe post, ignore...

13. Collecting Nut

There are a number of coins that the first T in TRUST is missing. When grease fills a spot in on the Die it creates what you see. Please do a little research on grease filled dies.

TheRealJFW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted