Box of 23 + 1 - Buffalo Nickel date set

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BuffaloHunter, Aug 29, 2020.

1. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

A typical date set of Buffalo Nickels contains 23 coins. I included one each of the first year types.

I started this set January 3, 2005 and the last coin to complete the set was purchased on March 19, 2010.

I initially wanted to stay MS64 and higher but budget constraints for a few of the purchases put me at the 63 level.

The three coins that took me the longest to find an example that "spoke to me" were the '18, '21 and '24.

I don't think I'll ever part with this set, but I do think I'll start upgrading eventually. Perhaps pick one TPG. Replace a few that have weak strikes. Get to that MS64 and higher level like I originally wanted to do.

For now, I just enjoy the set how it is...............

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

Nice! An iconic coin and one I also like.
    I'm really enjoying people posting their box of 20 (or more :D) collections. :)

BuffaloHunter and spirityoda like this.
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Which ones are the keys ???

BuffaloHunter likes this.
  5. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Maybe start filling in the missing mintmarks? Love all the old pcgs holders too. Great set!!

BuffaloHunter likes this.
  6. BuffaloHunter

In this set, the ones that I called out that were the hardest to find. Either because of lower mintage (10,663,000 for the '21) or because of surviving numbers in the MS grades.

7. BuffaloHunter

Thanks, Bill.

I've thought about filling in the mintmark for this set, but the heck of it is I would want to stay in MS and a few of them would be bank breaking for me ('24S and '26S).

Draft saved Draft deleted