Bought a lot of silver quarters . Did I do ok?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Beardigger, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

As would I. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

Your price is less than I get for a "full date" mixed roll of S.L., VG-XF Pre-1965 Washingtons, "full date" 1964 Kennedy, Franklin, and W.L. halves, or a roll of one type. They are all sold on Craigslist in $50 face min. lots with "no junk/culls".

I'm happy for you. Rich

4. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Tomorrow I head back to the Flea Market to snag those 20 Franklin Half Dollars for melt value. I'm really looking forward to it. Another vendor has a 1925 2.5 gold Indian he offer me for $240. It's in pretty good condition, so I'm mulling it over. seems like an OK buy, but I don't want to make an expensive mistake. going to take a hard 2nd look at it.

CoinJockey73 and -jeffB like this.
  5. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

I wish I could find nice SLQ'S with clear dates like you did at the price you paid. The gold might be fake . Be careful .

-jeffB likes this.
  6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Gold is usually not what to buy at a swap meet, along with with CC coins and Morgans you haven't studied well. Any premium coin needs a good reference and a business card or DL with photo. IMO, Jim

7. Beardigger

Yeah. I agree. Have known this dealer for a long time. He isn’t a coin collector, just a general antiques guy. He may well have unknowingly bought a fake. So I pretty much have decided to pass. I have been reading up on the fakes and how to spot them. Will study it closely, but pass anyway.

CoinJockey73 and tibor like this.
  8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Most likely the best thing to do at the time. Jim

9. Beardigger

Here is what I got in today’s roll of franklin half dollars. I find it curious that they are all either 1963 or 1952’s . No other dates. I will look into that when I have time a little later. image.jpg image.jpg s

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  10. Beardigger

Also picked up this 1917 reverse s walking liberty half dollar. Paid $10 for it just because I don’t have one. Not sure if I paid too much or not.

image.jpg image.jpg

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Ten is not a bad price but the obverse S is more costly. The Franklins are all junk but that's what you were buying.

Draft saved Draft deleted