Bought A Collection Again

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by ikandiggit, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

I bought another small collection yesterday which included some .500 silver dollars and a few .800 silver dollars as well as three five cent silvers (.925 silver). There were a few modern mint sets a bag of foreign coins and a few common banknotes. Paid spot for the silver.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. james m. wolfe

james m. wolfe New Member

:eek: canadian-flag.gif :thumb: wow!!! thats great

4. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

How can you go wrong at spot? You did good and the coins look nice. Congrats

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Not bad for spot.

Chris

6. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Nice little collection. How do you find out about them to be able to buy them?

I like the little silver 5 cent pieces. I was going over mine the other day and I have a BU one dated 1910 that they person labeled "round leaves". How do you tell the difference between round or not round? Is it the tip of the leaves?

7. ikandiggit

This was from one of my customers. It was an accumulation of several collections from his family which they just wanted to dispose of for cash for a holiday. I made them an offer and they accepted it.

It's the tip of the leaves you want to be looking at.
    This link will show you the difference between the round and pointed leaves:

http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php?coin=5-cents-1910&years=5-cents-1902-1910

8. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Wow, big difference in price. I should check it just to make sure it was not wishful thinking on the original owners part. Pretty little coin with pretty toning, but I find that common with Canadian 5 cents pieces, they usually tone very pretty.

9. ikandiggit

The five cent silvers are one of my favorites. I have yet to find a round leaves variety.(but I will:)).

Draft saved Draft deleted