Boston Numismatic Society has a new Pres.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ziggy9, Mar 13, 2019.

1. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

At last night's BNS meeting I was elected their new president. Let the fun begin....

JPeace$, NSP, Oldhoopster and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Congratulations
    [from Connecticut]

4. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Congratulations
    [from Connecticut]

5. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

I belonged to that club from the late 1970s to the mid 1990s. I was the president of the Collectors' Club of Boston, but I never got close to that honor in the Numismatic Society. The people who have held the chair there tend to hold office for a very long time.

Oldhoopster likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Are my eyes deceiving me or do I see @GDJMSP posting a teeny, tiny "Like" to this post?

Chris

7. ziggy9

QUIET! people might get jealous;)

8. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Congratulations! Both on your election to president of the BNS, and your like from GDJMSP.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  9. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

@ziggy9 - Good luck and I wish you well

I was a member of the BNS (and CCB) from 2005-2008 but moved from the area. I enjoyed the club so much that I still hold membership and send in dues every year. I've belonged to a number of local clubs over the years, but never ran across a group with such a high level numismatic knowledge. Plus the members are really helpful. If you live in the Boston area, I strongly recommend attending a meeting.

And I'm stealing your like from Doug
    upload_2019-3-13_15-34-55.png

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  10. ziggy9

Just to set the record straight, that is NOT a genuine GDJMSP like. It was done as a joke a LONG time ago. if you notice it appears on every one of my posts. It is part of my signature.

11. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

12. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Yup, first thought of and done by LostDutchman - what seems like a hundred years ago now :)

13. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

GDJMSP- Why is it that you refrain from liking any posts? Just curious.

14. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

In reality I don't. There have been a great many posts where I said, in words, that I liked something. But what I do not and will not use is the Like button, and that's really your question.

I've posted about that many times too. It's because it's used too lightly, or for the wrong reasons. Like buttons are something that has come about as a result of social media and it's become a tool used to promulgate popularity more than anything else in my opinion. As a symbol of popularity more than anything else. I mean people go around talking and bragging about how many likes they have - not so much here, but in social media.

To me a like should be something sincere, used sparingly, and only when you truly do like a post or comment because of its content. Not just because you think it's funny, or because the post was made by a friend, or because you want others to give you likes in return.

So when I like something, I'm not too lazy to actually type the words out and say it. When I like something, I want people to know I really like it, and that it means something coming from me. And I think, or hope anyway, that the way I do that accomplishes that goal.

Legomaster1 likes this.
  15. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Congratulations on your new elected position. Listen, learn, be humble and advance the hobby!

Draft saved Draft deleted