Bonus Splurge

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by dimeguy, May 13, 2014.

1. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

I received a bonus at work. I did some adult stuff (bought drywall, upgraded cell phone and flowers), but also decided to put aside a couple of hundred for new coin purchases. Goal was to update the current collection of ATB quarters, cents, Prez dollars, and clad proof sets as I have let these slide behind in the past couple of years with my focus on Lincoln Wheaties and then contribute what was left, if any toward more wheaties. Here was the result:

My most recent cent was from 2010 so I updated them first:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I had to get the 2013 S business strike ATBs. Not a fan of how the Perry's Victory looks now but it looked really good in the Ebay photo, so that one will have to be upgraded. By the way, the "RARE" is from the seller to promote them I suspect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then the Presidential Dollars...needed the proofs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I received one heck of a deal on the 2012 S...however I made the mistake and bought them unseen. The dealer didn't have any out on the floor and she said, "You are going to buy them if I go get them, right?" So, being only $3 a coin compared to $18 on Ebay I said, "Sure!" When I arrived home and began to put them in the flips I realized she gave me a double Cleveland for 2nd term. I hate to return it as the shop is an hour and 20 minutes away, but at that price, I think I'll have to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mark_h, dwhiz, gijoe76 and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

At this point I was tiring of moderns and decided to look at Wheats. Dealer didn't have any which appealed to me so I decided to make a bigger stand on my Peace Dollar collection (which consists of the 1921, 22P, and 24P) Here was the result:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not bad for a $250 budget. Also bought a 1970 small date PCGS MS 65 cent though it is not here yet...maybe tomorrow. Sorry for the new thread...figured it was easier than dominating the newest acquisitions thread. By the way, pics were by the new cell phone, any thoughts to the quality?

4. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

Darn it! I edited orientation and deleted the prices on the dollars through the editing application on Photobucket, but it didn't come through to the forum. I'm becoming more and more disappointed with that hosting site. Oh well, I guess everyone knows what I paid for them now. :(

TypicalCreepahx likes this.
  5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You've been busy dear friend......:)

TypicalCreepahx likes this.
  6. green18

Don't ask, don't tell...... devil.gif

7. TypicalCreepahx

TypicalCreepahx Hello There! ( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)

Very. Very busy

8. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

If i stopped reading here, i would have some questions for you.

9. green18

Yeah, but it's not that type of a forum........

10. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

What other topic sentence would you pose to get viewers to the thread? lol

11. green18

I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole dear friend.......

Travlntiques likes this.
  12. Numismania

Numismania You hockey puck!!

Looks like you did VERY well with the Peace $'s (assuming they are only for Dansco's)....you did EXTREMELY well if you got the 'modern' fillers PLUS the Peace for $250!! The '34-D alone would normally account for ALOT of that 'splurge' budget! The more I look at the '34-D, the more it makes me want to upgrade MY Dansco '34-D, which is actually cracked from an NGC AU58, but it's one of those 'AU63's'...very clean, just a hint of wear, and has virtually no 'bag marks', and better than a lot of MS62's. I think your '34-D is very gradeable, and SHOULD have cost the brunt of that $250! To upgrade my graded set, though, that's a horse of a different color.

Very nice pickups, especially the Peace $'s (not a big fan of moderns)...well done!

13. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Nice haul. It's always fun to bring home a bucket-full of coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted