Bombay hook DDR

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by usmc60, Jul 10, 2016.

1. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

This is a nice 2015 P Delaware- Bombay Hook 2015-P 25¢ DE DDR-003.Found this one in a roll.:happy::blackalien:

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Where is the doubling?
    On the bank of the river?

4. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Does this help. This is turning out to be one hell of a jigsaw puzzle, find the peace That doesn't fit.:blackalien: ede-4-4.jpg

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

This next once a good one. Looks like I'm going to have to send this one in to Wexler, he doesn't have this one listed so far.:happy::happy::happy: ede-5.jpg

6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Using your pic, is what I've circled what you are seeing? I have not checked too carefully in these areas but I am going to now. Nice finds! 1 bombay hook error 2.jpg

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

True DD's are easy to see with the naked eye. And not some minor MD seen through a microscope. I think if the lettering and date are not clearly doubled, these little imperfections are not worth anything.
    Signed, Captain Buzzkill

8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

With all due respect Cap'n, some of us do not have the eyesight we used to. Below are some examples of recent doubled dies that are very hard to see with a loupe, let alone the naked eye. And for those of us that collect them as a hobby, they are all worth saving. Maybe not a lot of profit potential but nice to make specialized collections of. I finally found the 2015 one cent doubled die in a roll search of mixed dates. The trade papers are selling them for $99.00. It was worth it to me as it was nearly pristine and is going off to ANAC this week along with some other errors I found ( with a loupe ) , in great condition and worth my efforts for a re-sale. 1 2014 ddo 2.jpg 1 2014 ddo 3.jpg 1 2014 ddo.jpg 1 2015 Lincoln Cent Doubled Die.jpg

9. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Hello Tommy. no what you have circled is a false image. At 5 o'clock on the second shrub right at the left of a high peak you'll see a little spur out. Maybe I ought to use the filters to highlight them a little better like Wexler does. But I already have so many complaints on my photos that would just give them something else to complain about. Tommy if you'd like I can circle it but it's that left little finger at about 11 o'clock on the next Bush down. Like I said it's a puzzle find the peace that doesn't fit. You know Tommy I can just imagine how many of these I put back into circulation, I found these because I kept the ones with the beak chip. And you know about every other one of these has the beak chip but I never thought a looking down for the double dies. Is not a true statement I checked the whole coin out but didn't realize that these little boogers were in their. If you have problems finding it just let me know and you know I will be glad to market out. And don't forget to keep an eye out for the double ear on the great Sand dunes. I don't know why that would call it a double ear the doubling is on the hairline, check that one out.Tommyc03 thanks for your reply and let me know if you need me to mark that out':blackalien:

tommyc03 likes this.
  10. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

PS I'm going to assume since we are in the swamp what I am referring to as bushes are actually cypress stumps?

Attached Files:

11. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I see it now, thanks.

12. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

No problem.

Attached Files:

13. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I'm going to have to send these next one off to Wexler.:jawdrop: ede-7-7.jpg

Attached Files:

14. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

2015-p 25c DE WDDR-013

tommyc03 likes this.
  15. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

2015-P 25C DE WDDR-014

tommyc03 likes this.
  16. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Looks like I screwed up again. Wexler has this one as a 014. Of course it's one of my submissions. Like I said the older you get the more you screw up. So I'd like to add one to this with a couple of other interesting features. Which I am going to considered an 014 – b. It has the same features as the 013, but noticed down at the bottom at 6 o'clock in the shrubs. You can see the leaf doubling. I just thought it would be interesting enjoy. I'll send it off to Wexler once he gets back up and running.:blackalien: ct1-12-bh-5-5.jpg

Attached Files:

17. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Wow. Just wow.

18. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Need some help on this one. Just received this back from John. He states no doubling found. Then what is the extra hump that the arrow is pointing to. usmc60. ct4-19-2 (2)-3.jpg

19. Pickin and Grinin

Most likely a die chip,

20. Pennt2012 (1).png Pennt2012.png Penny date zoom.jpg BkwrL.jpg
    Sending it in to wexler XD :jawdrop::woot:;)

21. Pickin and Grinin

Draft saved Draft deleted