SOLD BMC Greek, Von Aulock, Banti & Simoneti

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Valentinian, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

Serious collectors like to have the major references. I am offering some at remarkably low prices.

SNG Von Aulock, all four volumes (folio) plus the additional index volume. 18 parts in 4 blue cloth folio volumes. 304 plates, 8,700 coins illustrated. [$831 used on Amazon without the big index volume. $597 plus shipping from the UK on ABE. $600 on vcoins or 350 pounds plus shipping.] None of those prices include the $75 index volume which is included here. Fine condition. Unmarked. Here $450 plus $20 shipping. SOLD (It is hard to ship--the box will be big--it's folio.)

BMC Greek, all 29 volumes. "Catalogue of Greek Coins in the British Museum" Well used. Most with some inked notes. More than a yard of bookshelf space! If you are serious about Greek and Roman provincial coins, you must have this set. Mine cost over $2000. This set, good and attractive [$545 plus media-mail shipping, call it $45, SOLD]

Banti and Simonetti. The complete set, volumes 1-18, Corpus Numorum Romanorum. Volume 1 begins with coins of Julius Caesar and volume 18 ends with sestertii of Nero. Each has very many (pre-internet) pictures of every possible type variant. Green cloth. Excellent condition. Individual volumes are offered in the $20-30 range, but it would be hard to complete the set that way and cost you far more. 18x25 = 450 [Here $260 + 25 shipping. SOLD]

Shipped only in the US, media-mail.

I take PayPal and checks.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016