Blue seal silver certificate $1

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Debz, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Debz

Debz New Member

I have a blue seal silver certificate 1957A and 1957B dollar and I also have 2 $1 that have a star after the serial number H00141613 and C18751815 can anyone tell me anything about them please.Thank You.

Deborah

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hello debz,

i am almost positive this will get moved over to the currency threads once peter finds it, but here we go. 57 and 58 silver certificates are fairly common. however every set has its gems. can you tell us what the block letters are? they are the prefix and suffix letters on the serial number.
    as for your star notes we would need the year of the notes as well as if they were printed in washington dc or ft worth. you can tell by looking in the lower right corner. the difference is the little "fw" in the begining. that would obviously be from ft worth. if nothing but a letter and number then dc.

hope this helps,

michael

Attached Files:

4. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

I moved it over here for you!

Speedy

5. Debz

Debz New Member

on the silver certificates its E16853255A U92380406A and the star notes are both 1999 one is FW B152 and the other just has D180.And thanks again
    Debz

6. debz,

first your silver certificates in crisp uncirculated condition are about $8-10.
    you star notes are about $4-5 in the same condition. after reading your original post again i gathered you were asking why there is a star on the serial number. i hope that is right because if not i am about to waste your time!!! :p
    when a note gets damaged before it leaves the bureau of engraving and printing (bep) it gets replace by a star note. since they cannot reprint the damaged note they print, or reprint, notes except they end with a star. sometimes the bep simply ships them out to banks to meet demand for notes.
    they are more rare than regular notes but usualy need to be uncirculated to fetch any premium. but as i said earlier, every set has its gems. some are more valuable than others. if you want to collect them i would recomend picking up the standard guide to small size us paper money by dean oakes.
    that is quite possibly the longest book title in history. :D

hope this helps,

michael

Draft saved Draft deleted