Blue 58d Wheats...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Cascade, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

My introduction to Foreigner was from an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force :)

jester3681 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Can't recall when I first heard them. I saw them once in concert . . . They had this youth choir accompanying them on "I want to know what love is". The entire facility was filled with pure human voice . . . THAT was incredibly uplifting and awe inspiring.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  4. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Someone say blue (or green)?
    1956BLUE.jpg 1956BLUE2.jpg 1956BLUErev2.jpg 1956BLUErev1.jpg 1956BLUErev3.jpg

5. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Blue Lincolns may have been exposed to MS70 coin cleaner. I'd avoid them unless they're already in a slab.

6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Always?

7. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Nope; that's why he used the term "may have been exposed."

Evidence (I use the term advisedly) exists that MS70 can, under certain circumstances, change existing copper patina to blue. I like the result, personally, but you won't see me recommending MS70 for anything.

Kentucky likes this.
  8. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Ya know, I was suspect of the right one at first but with what I assumed was elevated chromatics at the hair area and elsewhere plus the mm's are in the same placement I then assumed they were from the same die which then led me to the next assumption that they were in the same obw roll that toned them. I know it was a lot of assumptions but I didn't have a loupe so I had to play detective without my csi department (loupe); still haven't looked for die markers though to see if they truly are from the same die

9. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Both of the coins in the OP look to have been processed and artificially toned. I would suspect MS70, as has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but they look unnatural to me.

10. Mickey in PDX

Mickey in PDX Active Member

Wow!, here I am scrolling down, admiring some beautiful blue-beasts and then this beautiful 1955 with serious doubling.wow! made me rub my eyes :) thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted