Black Ruthenium Superman

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TheGreatFanatic, Sep 21, 2016.

1. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Then we'd be discussing trademark protection rather than the HPA.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I thought about that but didn't want to delve into it so just went with "what if"

Honestly though they would probably just apologize to him for not making one themselves :hilarious: (Canadian joke)

jester3681 likes this.
  4. TheGreatFanatic

TheGreatFanatic New Member

I'm getting it today. Should post a couple pictures tonight when it gets here.

5. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

Ditto Here.

6. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

"Ruthenium is primarily used as an alloying agent. Adding 0.1% ruthenium to titanium makes titanium 100 times more resistant to corrosion. Small amounts of ruthenium are added to platinum and palladium to strengthen them. These alloys are used in jewelry and in electrical contacts that must resist wear".

From this definition that I found it acts like a protect-ant and strengthens the metal used from corrosion and other atmospheric idiosyncrasies. JMHO. ;)

7. TheGreatFanatic

Apparently black ruthenium isn't black.
    1.jpg 2.jpg

8. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Huh. Kinda meh

9. TheGreatFanatic

3.png
    Fixed*

spirityoda and Cascade like this.
  10. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

These ruthenium alterations were initially kinda cool, just from a unique look perspective, but like so much in numismatic marketing, they just can't keep it under control. Gotta go overboard and ruin it. The "eclipse Chinese panda" was enough for me.

11. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

By the way, you can also buy 1 oz ruthenium bars (see this article). No special effects though. ;)

Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted