Black print/stamping on U.S. 2006 and 2009 $20

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Write2bfree, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Write2bfree

Write2bfree Active Member

Hello, recently I came across two $20 bills with an unknown stamping on them. I was thinking that they were just stamps placed by a child but they seem different. Does any one know what these might be? Thank you.

Notes for 2006 $20: there is markings on the face as well as next to the silver eagle (excuse me for not knowing the terms). On the silver eagle there is a purple pen mark which I believe anyone can tell but below it is not a pen used to mark the note, looks more like a stamping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2009 $20 pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

The 2006 looks like a bank stamp that was off center on a banding strap. You can see the word "Bank."

The 2009 looks like some kind of stamp as well. I'd say both happened after manufacture.

Write2bfree likes this.
  4. Write2bfree

Do you think it's worth using one if my free appraisal coupons? Or should I try taking more pictures under a 30x microscope?

5. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

No. Not worth anything over face.

Write2bfree and jester3681 like this.
  6. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

What rooman9 said. You have a picture of $40. Nothing more. Keep up the hunt though!

Write2bfree likes this.
  7. Write2bfree

Thank you! You guys just saved me two coupons!! Hahha

8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

At first I thought that the black ink across the face might have been from a defective blade wiping the face of the printing cylinder. These blades are very thin and extremely sharp but encounter foreign matter in the ink which causes them to skip from time to time if they are not checked on a timely basis for proper adjustment and cleanliness or small gouges in them.

Write2bfree likes this.
  9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Teller's stamp

Write2bfree and saltysam-1 like this.
  10. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Exactly.

Write2bfree likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted